Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:16 pm 

Can someone kindly advice on what bonds books to get for Kent non verbal reasoning. Seems bonds have test papers and normal books.

Bought the test papers multiple choice which DS found confusing due to the layout. Also answer sheet was just to shade in A, B or C unlike other assessment papers DS was used too.

Any advice re books/ test papers?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:23 pm 

I assume your DS is in Year 5? At this stage we were doing the books - Level 4 and then moved onto Level 5 and the 10 min papers. I would leave the actual papers until next summer. In the actual Kent Test you draw a line in the MC grid against the correct answer. I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:32 pm 

Thanks for the response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:04 pm 

Another thought - at this stage I would be concentrating more on practicing the various types of questions / establishing your child's level/ identifying techniques for identifying the right answer / working on elimination techniques etc rather than focusing on how to complete the answer sheets - this is something for next summer. You have a long time ahead of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:30 am 

I've replied on your other post in the NVR section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:21 am 

Twinkle wrote:
Another thought - at this stage I would be concentrating more on practicing the various types of questions / establishing your child's level/ identifying techniques for identifying the right answer / working on elimination techniques etc rather than focusing on how to complete the answer sheets - this is something for next summer. You have a long time ahead of you.

Yes I totally agree with Twinkle above. Definitely concentrate on the different question types and familiarisation with recognising these quickly. At this stage I found working through the Bond How to do Non Verbal extremely useful as a base, then moving onto the Bond books. I would start with the 10-11 yrs but by early summer I would move onto the 11-12 yrs. You may not feel this is necessary but my son was so used to the harder questions in the 11-12 books, he breezed through the non verbal. That said it was his strongest subject, but I would do the same again still.

Hope this is useful.