Judd School Admissions Consultation (2011 Admissions)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mystery

Re: Judd School Admissions Consultation (2011 Admissions)

Post by mystery »

Starting to think you might be at my school Doodles ......... can you wear a red carnation at the start of next ter and then I'll know for sure?
Borderline

Post by Borderline »

It's further fr a lot of Kent people to get to judd than those on the Sussex border
Borderline

Re:

Post by Borderline »

Sevenoaksparent wrote:Its not too late to object if you believe like me, that Judd and Skinners should have a catchment area and be for Kent children primarily...

The only way these two excellent schools will re-look at their admissions criteria and favour local West Kent pupils is if you, I, and other concerned parents object by emailing David Gibbs (Clerk to the Governors at the Skinners foundation) at education@skinners.org.uk

They are still accepting submissions from parents, and I understand they have had quite a number from headteachers too.

Many thanks
Sevenoaksparent
The whole purpose of grammar schools is to provide higher intelligence pupils an education geared at higher intelligence. They aren't regular schools just for people living in the same town etc.
peter45

Post by peter45 »

What would be interesting to look at is the number of Kent parents who send their children to schools in East Sussex as some of the school are smaller and have better Ofsted Reports but who object to children from outside Kent being admitted to Kent Grammar schools. It seems a bit hypocritical to me.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

It depends how far back in history you want to go Borderline but if you want to go back to the original reason for Judd School it was founded for local able boys whose parents couldn't afford the fees for Tonbridge School. Skinners was founded after that by the same livery company.

Many non selective schools have entrance criteria and special 'reserved' places for those dc's with a particular talent or faith etc etc. They are not exactly 'regular' schools. It is not just the academically selective that are ..err..selective. They are all schools that we can consider (whether we can get our dc's into them is another matter :lol: ).

Peter45...Just a point but I know of quite a few families who were unable to secure places at TW Boys GS or their 2nd or 3rd non selective choices and felt that their best 4th choice was over the border in East Sussex.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now