TGS cut off scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

WesterhamMum

Post by WesterhamMum »

Thank you OMG and L & WR. I feel like the world has been lifted off my shoulders!

Good luck to those still waiting and my thoughts are with those of you who did not get what you wanted. x
Curiousmum

TGS scores

Post by Curiousmum »

Hi WesterhamMum - your news is very interesting. Does that mean that in area girls with 405 will be accepted - or do you think it might just be some of them? My DD has 405 and we put TGS first but sort of assumed she would not get a place. :)
Westerhamblue

Post by Westerhamblue »

Also a Westerham based father, but in area!!
My DD achieved a score of 401 but has been offered The Skinners Academy in TW??
First choice TGS (an optimist but eldest DD is having a ball there!) and second choice WOK.
Fingernail biting over the next few weeks!
:?
WesterhamMum

Post by WesterhamMum »

Hi Curiousmum

Unfortunately I do not think it is known yet whether or not all the girls on 405 got a place or not. If only some did, obviously it will be done on distance. I know the wait must be unbearable. Good luck.

Hi Westerhamblue

I am sorry your daughter did not get into TGS but I would imagine with a score that will probably not end up much lower than the final cut off and a sister already there, you would stand a great chance on appeal. I was told by the TGS admissions office that I would have a great chance if it came to an appeal (I also have a daughter already there) but I am out of area. Good luck whatever you decide.
Westerhamblue

Post by Westerhamblue »

Westerham Mum,
Thanks for the best wishes and advice.
Do you know if you can go on the waiting list and appeal for both TGS and WOK?
Samba

Post by Samba »

Hi Westerhamblue, sorry to hear you did not get GS, yes you can and should go on WL and register an appeal for both. I have PM'd you
ambermcs

Post by ambermcs »

Hi all, still havent had what i would call the offical report although on sat the website still said my daughter offered TGS, but am so pessimistic always fearing the worst! anyhow if all true may meet some of you via our girls being in the same class! how funny
regards all
ambermcs

Post by ambermcs »

yeh!! just got offical email through, TGS!
walmum

twgs governors places

Post by walmum »

Hi - the waiting is agony. When I spoke to the Twgs last week they told me the governors places were a bit higher this year (last year was 407). I don't know how much higher. My daughter has 411 and has been offered a governors place. Good luck!!!
thewaiting isagony

Post by thewaiting isagony »

Finally got through on the phone, gov places went to 410 and above, so near and yet so far :(

Still not going to grumble TOGS is a great school and some would snap our hand off so we should count our blessings.