Offers online NOW!!!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

I've been told it doesn't matter how soon your appeal letter is in unless its after the 26th March. See page 24 in the big book from Sept.

Mine will land recorded delivery on 2 desks today. Both letters (and pink form) have 2 sentence "I am appealing.....". "Details will follow.......".

Its the biggest relief so far to actually be able to get going.

Stay sane!
x
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

Fingers crossed for you :)
omg

Post by omg »

Blakesmum, I think you send in another CAF and then go on the waiting list and appeal almost simultaneously. I think the confusion is that you can send in another CAF now that we are past allocation day. I'm pretty sure it can be done, but probably best to clarify with KCC and/or the schools.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Blakesmum, you can appeal to any school. But you need to apply to it first. And you can apply outside the normal admissions round. So apply to every school you might possibly want a place at, get turned down, and then appeal.

Read the admissions booklet which tells you the rules on dates you can do this ( I think there is a very short period each year during which people who named the school on the CAF can appeal and the late applications have to wait. But don't let this make you delay - just put in a post-dated appeal - the purists will say you can't, but I've done it and it works. You want to make sure that your appeal is held around the same time as those who put the school on your CAF).

Please don't be fooled by whatever the statement is on the pink form. Sorry do not have this year's pink form, but it probably does not apply to applications outside the normal admissions round.

Everyone has the right to apply and appeal once per year for each year group at any school.

I fully take your point about your son's preferences, but personally I feel that a lot of 1 March angst is caused by people thinking a school is their "choice". It is only ever a preference. If everyone were to be allocated their first choice school on 1 March there would have to be a huge number of surplus places in the system to cater for people's choices.

Please believe me when I say you can apply and appeal wherever you want, whether or not it was on your CAF. I put this in a post to you several days ago.

If you get a place via the waiting list, you can then cancel the appeal. So it is worth lodging as many appeals as possible. Also, you don't have to give all the details of your appeal straight away. This will make the job faster for you now. See the Appeals forum.

Good luck.
jingle

Post by jingle »

You can, I believe apply direct to other schools after 31st March.( Page 19 in the booklet.)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now