Please help I need some advice?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I sympathise with you Panicattack especially if you have a school you desperately want for your child. I tried to dig an old thread here from a mum who went through something a bit similar. In her case they didnt get a grammar but a school they were not happy with. She goes into a lot of detail even on the pain of buying that school's uniform.

Cutting long story short while trying to do all the other things, I think its time to sell hard this school to your son. It will be very hard but you just have too, he is getting the vibes from you that this school isnt the best so that maybe the reason he doesnt want to go.

I understand it will be very hard but just sell it, if it means another visit to convience him just do it. Personally I would work on the appeal secretly without him knowing because the chances of getting in st Olaves are slim and if you are tring to "sell" him another school and then talk about appeal. Really it just means that the other school is second best whereas you have to make it the best for him

Ragarding St Olaves waiting list movement I have no idea how many turn it down but judging from this forum, most who have passed have thrown their other option including some great indies out of the window. It is such a great school that few will reject the offer.
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

Thanks everyone for your support. I have heard of a friend of a friend who is in the same position as me and she thought to ask what the cut off this time was. On the first round it was 154 and so I know he missed it by just a few marks but that of course equals quite a number of people!

I think I am going to stop this thread, try and find out if anyone else is going to the same school as I get more and more depressed every day as I cannot believe they retest them in September nor can I believe that the school would offer places to people who had put St O's as second choice when there is a wealth of people who would die for a place! :shock:

Thank you and good luck everyone.... :cry:
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Panicattack,

good luck with whatever you decide to do.
it's a difficult time for many,many parents.... everything will work out in the end.
read through the appeals section, you maybe just might find something to help you with an appeal if you decide thats the route you want to take.

take care
x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now