How is everyone getting on for the sep 2010 test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mad?

Re: How is everyone getting on for the sep 2010 test?

Post by mad? »

Sherry_d I haven't got anything of use I'm afraid but I think earlier someone mentioned the importance of you. My DD are now Y7 and Y9 and I have learned a few things over the past three years (some of which I'd perhaps rather not have learned!) the main thing being that you really are the biggest influence on DD over the next few years. No matter what kind of school she goes to she will encounter some shabby values and behaviour and it is how you encourage and support her in dealing with this that will influence her success more than anything else. I'm not going to pretend going to a 'suitable' school doesn't help (otherwise I wouldn't be sitting at work this late trying to earn the money to pay for it :evil: ). However, with hindsight I have learned that it is not the be all and end all, and again with hindsight I am not sure I would do things the way I have again now that I'm actually here! Although I have disagreed wtih you at times during your journey, the one thing that has consistently shone through your posts is your energy, determination and dedication. You should take confidence and pride from this and hold your head high for your DD. Mystery is right, indeed regardless of any school a DC goes to, enable them to build a life outside it where the influences are different and perhaps more to your values, this si what they will take with them in the future. Good luck.
mad?
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

mad? wrote: Although I have disagreed wtih you at times during your journey, the one thing that has consistently shone through your posts is your energy, determination and dedication. You should take confidence and pride from this and hold your head high for your DD. .
HERE HERE
and i know you do, you are bound to feel a little dispondant but the fat lady hasnt sung yet so dont lose heart :)
mad?

Post by mad? »

tiredmum wrote:
mad? wrote: Although I have disagreed wtih you at times during your journey, the one thing that has consistently shone through your posts is your energy, determination and dedication. You should take confidence and pride from this and hold your head high for your DD. .
HERE HERE
and i know you do, you are bound to feel a little dispondant but the fat lady hasnt sung yet so dont lose heart :)
Gag the fat lady!!!!
mad?
lurker

Post by lurker »

I agree, my dd is yr 8 now, I was really unhappy at the school that she ended up going to ( she did not pass 11 +), but I can tell you that she has never been so happy. I also agree with the behaviour patterns- these are repeated in all schools to some degree.

I would never have believed this two years ago. It is not all over for your dd whatever the outcome.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Noooooooooo dont gag fat lady Mad, I need her charm. :lol:

Thanks Lurker thats very encouraging.

I have my choices sorted now and touch wood there will be no nasty suprises on 1 March.
Impossible is Nothing.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now