transport from Sevenoaks to Weald of Kent Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
luckymum2

transport from Sevenoaks to Weald of Kent Grammar

Post by luckymum2 »

Hi, my DD will go to Weald of Kent Grammar school from September. Please could anyone tell me what transport from Sevenoaks (the station area) there is with a Kent freedom pass?
I only know that there are two buses run. One is 400 bus from Westerham and the another is 562 bus but it looks "school bus" and I'm not sure that 562 bus can use a Kent freedom pass or not.

I rang KCC first to try finding it out..eventually, I was passed over like a "pass the parcel" by many people..the last person I spoke from a local bus company said, "You need to ring KCC"!!!

Big thanks,

luckymum2
Twinkle

Re: transport from Sevenoaks to Weald of Kent Grammar

Post by Twinkle »

Hi luckymum2

If you live in Sevenoaks you should be able to get free school transport to WOK and not have to rely on the Kent Freedom Pass as I would have thought it was your nearest grammar school

Twinkle
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes if you are over the correct distance from the school you should get free transport by whatever arrangement the LEA finds most economic - have you read all the bits on transport in the School Admissions Booklet? They should tell you if there is a dedicated school bus you need to apply for.

If it's just a matter of your daughter getting herself there using a Kent Freedom Pass on public transport, then have you tried the website traveline.org.uk? You can plug in starting point and end point of journey, and request any combination of walking, train, bus etc and it will come up with all the different journey options that might be useful to you.

If you live near 7oaks station, an option would be to get the train to Tonbridge and walk at the other end.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

This isnt very helpful about actual buses, but about my experience of having a freedom pass (even if you DO get free transport) the benefit of being able to get ANY bus at any time is very beneficial in year 7!!! If you can afford the £50 a year, its well worth the money (and you can use it at weekends!!!!) :D
Kent99

Post by Kent99 »

The Kent Freedom Pass doesn't cover trains does it? If this has changed please let me know! It would save me a few hundred pounds a year...
SSM

Post by SSM »

Unfortunately not. How fantastic would that be, £50 to travel on trains for the year. It currently costs us about £600 a year for my son to catch the train to school, as it was our first choice school but not the closest.