Open Days - West Kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ang's mom

Open Days - West Kent

Post by Ang's mom »

Does anyone have a list of the open days for West Kent Grammar schools (girls) ?

Are they mostly in September-October ? I am asking beacause , I have seen some members writting in about having visited so and so schools.
Do you just book an appointment and drop in at the school ? Have I missed any open days ?

Thanks in advance
Billie

Re: Open Days - West Kent

Post by Billie »

This is the link on the kent website - not all schools have set them yet...
http://www.kent.gov.uk/education_and_le ... _days.aspx
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

Thanks Billie

I had a look at that link, but most of the schools still list their 2009 dates. It has not been updated. But I guess it would be around the same dates, this year also.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

TOGS had on open day on the 1st of July or 30th of June.

They are less advertised and LESS attended when they are done before september but much much nicer. There were less than 30parents in our group in almost all the grammar schools I visited this term and much more personal with headteachers. You can check for dates on the schools website, the ones published in the Kent Admission will be for much later dates which I guess will be more hectic.
Impossible is Nothing.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

TWGGS was last Friday. I don't think they will have another now as they break up on Friday.
SSM

Post by SSM »

I think most schools have 'open mornings by appointment' around end June beginning of July. As said above these tend to be much quieter and less well advertised.

It's worth baring in mind if your DC will be in Y5 come September.

Most open evenings tend to be around the end of September beginning of October. They are normally listed in the Admissions booklet, which I think is normally released about now.

Good luck to those looking.
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

I visited school in Y5 and 6 for my son and most date/days were very similar both times. I managed to get a copy of the Admission book from the school in both years too but i think you can get it from KCC. Certainly in NW Kent the school all advertise their open evenings in the local Messenger newspapers for a couple of weeks before hand.

There is also this link with loads of info regarding dates for the whole process and explanation of terms. If everything goes smoothly its pretty useless but i prinited a copy off - its rather long - and it came in useful for us because for us because it wasn't smooth. I'm also a bit of an information junkie :D

https://shareweb.kent.gov.uk/Documents/ ... e_2011.pdf
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now