Timing prompts...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dottie1974

Timing prompts...

Post by dottie1974 »

Does anyone know whether the invigilator/head teacher or whoever will give time prompts at any point during the testing? :?

When I have been doing practice tests I have done a couple of ''ten minutes left'' prompts to remind dd of the timing. It has helped to keep her focussed on the time constraints.

Thanks

Dottie
tiredmum

Re: Timing prompts...

Post by tiredmum »

They should but not sure how consistant they are. My dd said in the practice tests they were good at letting them know how long left - but in the actual test she said once they didnt do the "ten mins to go" prompt. I do think they are meant to though. :)
hdq2907

Re: Timing prompts...

Post by hdq2907 »

When we've been doing practice tests my son has worn his watch and I've told him what time the test will finish then left him to it. Set the cooker timer to remind me of the 50 mins though!! Thinking about it need to ask him to check his watch before he begins to see when he will finish - although not sure under exam conditions that he will remember to do that :? I think it does depend on the invigilator. Ours is another headteacher from a different school who's done it for years.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now