How long before we know the results does the school know?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
twellsmum

Re: How long before we know the results does the school know

Post by twellsmum »

Never mind, only 473 hours and 50 minutes until we find out ourselves ... doesn't sound that long when you put it like that does it? :lol:
SoGladitsover

Post by SoGladitsover »

twellsmum wrote:Never mind, only 473 hours and 50 minutes until we find out ourselves ... doesn't sound that long when you put it like that does it? :lol:
Blimey - that just made my stomach flip!!

I haven't told my DD the actual date of the results - she just knows it near the end of October. I didn't want her worrying all day on the 18th!

I have sent our HT a little email today just asking if she aware of the HT appeal process. I await the response. :?
hdq2907

Post by hdq2907 »

How can it possibly still be that far away - it must be at least 6 months since the test!! Time has only gone this slowly before when I was pregnant!!!
maidmum5

Post by maidmum5 »

Been reading this thread and didn't realise how the HT appeal thing worked so its been a real eye opener and very useful.

I too didn't want my DS to know when the results are due because his birthday is on the same day :? and I'm sure he is worrying about it, but he has found out thanks to his mates at school telling him so I'm hoping it will be good news and a really happy birthday for him!
westkent

Post by westkent »

Of course, today is the day that the HTs get the results.

I shall be looking out for a "funny look" at pick-up time!

Its worse that someone now has the results that we all want to get our hands on! Hoping she might be indiscreet and spill the beans but thinking perhaps not!
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Is it definitely today that the headteachers get the results?
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Today sounds right because in Medway results are send out 13days after test and get to the parents on day 14 which seem to be the case with Kent apart from the fact we have to wait another 3 week because of the silly HT appeal process.

I feel quite furious that someone will know my child's results 3 weeks before me and the HT procedure in Kent seem rather stupid, why should it be some kind of mystery? In Medway parents get their results and work with the HT the HT appeal rather than rely on HT whom we know some who are actually against the 11+. This post alone shows how well supportives some heads are and these will be more proactive in getting those boarderline cases reviewed. Surely every other exam be it GCSE remarks and all that, dont just really on some secretive HT appeals, why should this be for 11+?

I have nothing against HT appeals but they should be done in a transparent manner.
Impossible is Nothing.
hdq2907

Post by hdq2907 »

Am I the only one finding themselves going slowly mad with all this waiting??!!
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

No,I am with you. I am going quietly mad at the moment or as my dd would say 'loco'!
hdq2907

Post by hdq2907 »

It's horrid!!! Feel like life's on hold.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now