oooh all the books have gone!!! and reading headteacher!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
yoyo123

Re: oooh all the books have gone!!! and reading headteacher!

Post by yoyo123 »

as blessed mum said, people are tense at the moment, it is a stressful time for everyone - but please try not to make personal attacks, feelings can run high when you are stressed but take a bit of time to re-read your message and how it "sounds" in print. The forum can be really helpful and people's opinions differ.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

committed wrote:Forums rely on the thoughts, opinions and information from all sorts of people and all sorts of sources. I am pretty sure that anyone new reading this forum will not be attracted to sharing their views if they feel they are going to be shot down. Some posts have certainly made me think about whether I want to be part of this community.
Totally agree with you Committed on this one . I commented yesterday on response to your post on ht appeals and still stand by what I said and got a pretty tense response for my troubles!!! :roll: No names ,location etc were given in Committed's post and it was interesting information in an area where there is very little 'real' information given out by schools or kcc about this part of the process. This is what causes concern. I was talking to a mum last night who was in pieces because her daughter had her books taken away and she was the only child in the class that this happened to. She approached the class teacher and they referred her to the ht and the ht said flatly that she was not obliged to discuss the process! I don't like seeing people being shot down , especially when the post has been informative . For what its worth I know some will be horrified but I do not mind if my dc's are discussed outside the place of work within reason.I know that we are all stressed at the moment but there is no need for anyone to be abrupt or unkind on this forum. It's not necessary and it is easy (especially on a bad day) to take an unkind remark very much to heart. I joined this forum for information and support -I'm sure we all did
mystery

Post by mystery »

Committed - think it sounds great what your teacher friend did to provide a bit more evidence. And I don't know you, your friend, or the boy concerned, and I don't know how quoting the scores of an unnamed boy could do anyone any harm.

How long does one of the papers the teacher gave to the class take? I shouldn't think it involved too much suffering for the rest of the class. I hope it helped - assuming that his 11+ maths score was not representative of his usual performance.

All this measuring of kids is an art not a science, so good for your friend at having a go. It could be that it is the easiest thing she has done during her teaching career, but that could have the biggest impact on a child's educational path.

Maybe HDQ is having a bad day. Look, all this stuff is just online, don't take the criticism too seriously.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

we were lucky enough two years ago to have a success HT appeal. DS said two book 'vanished' for a week and we went through all the emotions that i have read on this thread.
It turned out he had 'failed' by one point so the HT used previous NFER scores, which luckily had been consistantly high to suggest he hadnt had a good test day. Obviously we were later told the writing piece was looked at during the appeal.
Our HT had always said that they were unlikely to appeal as it was rare to win, so we were obviously relieved that it was successful.
I know how horrible this time is for everyone and all i can say is thank goodness for the forum :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now