KCC not letting you view papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiredmum

KCC not letting you view papers

Post by tiredmum »

I have read a post on another thread that KCC are no longer allowing you to view the 11 plus papers because of a change of policy? What this change is i dont know - does anyone have any more info to add?

I think if this is true it is such a shame - i gained so much from the viewing - not to mention the papers get hand marked. I wonder if they will still allow hand-marking?
sherry_d

Re: KCC not letting you view papers

Post by sherry_d »

Sadly some of the staff who work in the admission dont even know what they are talking about and misdirect parents.

I called yesterday to view my daughter's papers and the lady said she didnt think I could. I told her say I can and then she put me on hold to speak to her manager. She then told me it was something she had never dealt with before but yes I can view them but that will be sometime in November.

To request it you need to email admission team with you child's pupil number and her name. The address is kent.admissions@kent.gov.uk

I have emailed them and havent received any reply back. I will push it after the half term if I still havent got a reply back
Impossible is Nothing.
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

Last year it took them a couple of weeks to reply to me - and I waited for almost a month after results came out as I knew they'd be busy. I only wanted the raw scores rather than to see the actual paper but they probably will need reminding of your email.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

If anyone wants the name of the person I met with to view last year, that is if she hasn't left in the cutbacks :roll: pm me :D

Would be surprised if the policy has changed but you never know!!!
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Just got an email back from KCC.
Thank you for your email.

At the moment we have no dates for viewing testpapers, hopefully we
will be arranging dates in mid November. As soon as we have a date I
will be in contact with you.
That was pretty quick response, considering I contacted them yesterday.

Do they let us see the question papers too?
Impossible is Nothing.
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

T12ACY wrote:If anyone wants the name of the person I met with to view last year, that is if she hasn't left in the cutbacks :roll: pm me :D
I saw someone different to the person T12ACY saw and she wasn't overly helpful or friendly. :? So PM T12ACY and find out the nice woman's name!!! :wink:

Yes you get to see the question papers too.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

I had gone along last year to see the papers. They had given appointments to 5-6 people who were taken into the room together. You DC's answer sheet, the question paper and the correct answers were all laid out there. You were allowed to make notes but not to copy down the actual questions. So, if you are still waiting it probably is because they might want to wait till all requests are in and then allocate times to everyone.