Transportation from Essex - URGENT

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
limakay

Transportation from Essex - URGENT

Post by limakay »

My DS may have a chance of getting into DGS but we live in Hornchurch in Essex. Anyone know of a coach, bus or travel club that operates across the Dartford Crossing? Essex CAF deadline is tomorrow at 23:59 and I need to know by then, any help appreciated.
inspired2win

Re: Transportation from Essex - URGENT

Post by inspired2win »

Best thing to do is to go to the schools website that you are interested in. Most schools will give a link to transport to school with coach companies if available.

The coach websites normally have timetables and areas where they pick up from.

Hope this helps.
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

Very briefly the X80 comes over the bridge. I know it comes from Lakeside and goes into Bluewater because my mother-in-law uses it. I don't believe it goes on anywhere else and i certainly don't know if it starts at an earlier point than Lakeside. Equally i don't know how frequently it runs but its certainly regular as i have known people who work at Bluewater use it. From Bluewater plenty of buses go into Dartford. My MIL is out at the mo otherwise i would give her a call.

Just found this link http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/X80.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want any more info about reliability etc let me know and i can ask my MIL tomorrow.

There is also a ferry from Tilbury over to Gravesend, then buses go from Gravesend to Dartford. I don't know if that may be of any use.

Fluffy
limakay

Post by limakay »

Thanks to fluffy and inspired. I have checked out the X80 and it appears to run hourly, no joy for Essex buses on the website. It's looking like a bridge too far at the moment but please keep your suggestions coming
Kent99

Post by Kent99 »

A quick look at the Traveline website (public transport journey planner) suggests that getting from Hornchurch to Dartford in time for school is possible but would take about an hour and a half and involve rail/ DLR services as well as buses. It doesn't look too good unless you are able to ferry your son to/from a suitable station. Have you checked out the options that site suggests?

Other than that I guess it's down to car sharing or other private options.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now