Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GPmum

Re: 2010 Required Raw Scores

Post by GPmum »

Wow, Scarlett, your DS1 did well didn't he!!!!! :shock:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Just found the thread ( actually..a big lie..he scored 81 and 74 %..funny the way you remember things ! ) but still enough for 140. It's on page 14 ..called Raw Scores..a few of us posted our childrens marks with differing birthdays. It was 2 years ago though.. but might give you a bit of an idea !

DS1 did score 21 % in a paper 2 weeks before :shock: and only 60% or so in the practice tests..so they can pull it out of the bag :D
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

Hi all

Today is the day!! GOod luck everyone....

So are you all saying as per page 7 that for someone you is age 10 and 1/2 to get FULL marks so that can go to Judd/Togs etc they need only score around 75% on each paper?

Wow. I really thought they would need to score like 97 percent.

Thanks
GuiltyMum

Post by GuiltyMum »

Hi Scarlett

Thank you for the info. I've read the thread which was very informative. I have also spoken to KCC admissions, who stated that they have a standardisation system that takes into account the child's age including all months not just 10, 10yr 6mth and eleven. It apparently covers, say my DD (November birth) will be 10yrs 11mths and whatever the standardised scores on their sheet are.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Let us be frank. The reason some out of county children have their results is because of unprofessional headteachers, probably from fee-paying schools who put their fee- playing clients short term happiness above their responsibilities. The consequence is that those parents, in their eagerness to show how their heads pander to them, have spread such unhappiness amongst so many families at an extremely stressful time for all, as witnessed by comments on this website. Those who have had that brief benefit from knowing the results a few days early (although I am not sure what they can do with the information) have direct responsibility for spreading this unhappiness and would have been best advised to stay silent rather than showing off in this way.
OOCmum

Post by OOCmum »

Well said Peter! This should be a forum for support, not stress.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Peter wrote:Let us be frank. The reason some out of county children have their results is because of unprofessional headteachers, probably from fee-paying schools who put their fee- playing clients short term happiness above their responsibilities. The consequence is that those parents, in their eagerness to show how their heads pander to them, have spread such unhappiness amongst so many families at an extremely stressful time for all, as witnessed by comments on this website. Those who have had that brief benefit from knowing the results a few days early (although I am not sure what they can do with the information) have direct responsibility for spreading this unhappiness and would have been best advised to stay silent rather than showing off in this way.
I am sorry but inflammatory posts like this don't help either.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Well said Doodles. Not helpful Peter......
DebP

Post by DebP »

Peter wrote:Let us be frank. The reason some out of county children have their results is because of unprofessional headteachers, probably from fee-paying schools who put their fee- playing clients short term happiness above their responsibilities. The consequence is that those parents, in their eagerness to show how their heads pander to them, have spread such unhappiness amongst so many families at an extremely stressful time for all, as witnessed by comments on this website. Those who have had that brief benefit from knowing the results a few days early (although I am not sure what they can do with the information) have direct responsibility for spreading this unhappiness and would have been best advised to stay silent rather than showing off in this way.
I totally disagree.
And i do NOT have the score and can only hope to get it by Friday. Just because I only got the result today at 4pm and might get the scores on Friday - i see no reason why others shouldn't get theirs sooner - It makes NO REAL difference to anything.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Peter, why throw the mud at private schools, I am sure that there must be state schools out there whose heads gave out results early too!!

Apologies to everybody else and rant over.

More importantly does anybody know how to go about getting raw scores for this year's test. I am more than happy to get my DS's; I am interested to see what he got and also he was exactly 10 years and 3 months (to the day) when he took the test so his would be a good anchor point for that age group.
Last edited by doodles on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now