Quiet site-do your children need to go back to school?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
neurotic kent mum

Quiet site-do your children need to go back to school?

Post by neurotic kent mum »

we could discuss travel, papers, our children( not mine - they need to go back to school - do yours?), life, the universe etc - really anything. A dead kent site is rather sad.
doodles

Re: Quiet site-do your children need to go back to school?

Post by doodles »

Or great things to do in our wonderful county. I love the place - countryside, coastline, towns, cities and country villages all in one county. I am Kent born and bred and very proud to be so.

Quite glad ds's don't go back for a few days - ds1 on 6th and ds2 on 11th. They need a bit more r&r as bed time has gone to pot over Xmas and they will both stay up tomorrow night to see in the NY. We are off to friends as we have done every year for the last 20 plus years. It started off as 5 couples and now it's 5 couples and 15 children ranging in age from 15 to nearly 3. It's fun and the children have more staying power than the adults these days!
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

My DSs are a bit of a two-edged sword - they need something to do but the still need more of a break from school. We don't have a big family to visit, i don't like to impose myself on friends who do have big families, we live on top of Bluewater and i love shoppiong and they hate it (apart from the game store and yesterday we discovered the apple store with all its gadget.....borrrrrring). They and i end up going a bit stir-crazy being cooped up for more than a day or 2 :?

Whats funny NKM is i nearly posted a couple of days ago asking for suggestions of things to do during this in between period, but equally like doodles says i'm born and bred a kent girl and spend a lot of time with the boys out and about in the county and love it.

Anyway today we are going swimming to hopefully burn off a bit of energy :D

Happy holidays
Fluffy x
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Yes my DS needs to go back to school, he needs something other than telly, Wii or PS games to occupy his mind. :?

However, he has plenty of homework to keep him busy but for some reason he doesn't want to do that, I can't blame him who wants to have loads of homework to do over Christmas?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

twinkles wrote:Yes my DS needs to go back to school, he needs something other than telly, Wii or PS games to occupy his mind. :?

However, he has plenty of homework to keep him busy but for some reason he doesn't want to do that, I can't blame him who wants to have loads of homework to do over Christmas?
Master Yoyo has AS resits in less than a fortnight, but there is allegedly "plenty of time" :roll:
Flybynight

Post by Flybynight »

Hi,
If only, I had loads of money, didn't work, had a husband who could take 6 months off and a son who was not starting his GCSE courses then......
I would love to pull my daughter out of school, home educate and go off around the world!!!!! How fabulous would that be?

Sadly though .......
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

As long as you has Internet access, so you could send us pictures of your travels!