Kent 2012 Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Villagedad

Re: Kent 2012 Test

Post by Villagedad »

It would be interesting to hear what peoples DC's are doing 18 months out from the test itself..

We are mainly keeping on top of tables, reading each day, playing some of the games yoyo mentions, plus some Bond or Schofield & Simms maths.

Best
Villagedad
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

We're doing tables too as he seems to forget some if you leave it a while ...I've bought lots of books as he needs a lot of encouragement when it comes to reading, but now we know where ds1 will be going he is a bit more motivated !

How did ds get on with the vr puzzle books ? I found that the questions posed the biggest problem, after he announced he didn't understand what to do and then we re read the question, he was actually fine and could do most of them . Still, we do have a little while to go. ....and I found there was an improvement all round in ds 1 schoolwork once we started doing bits and pieces at home which is always a good thing...especially for their confidence !

It's great there are so many of us, because it really is an emotional rollercoaster !
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I have DD2 for 2012 too :cry: .....I`m still traumatised from the appeal last year so be kind to me :wink:

DD2 is now in a different primary to DD1 and they seem quietly proactive.....( allegedly she`s pretty good at NVR and VR!!!)

DD1 had a tutor, I don`t think DD2 will have one, very different child. She loves reading and loves her DS so if there was a game recommended ( other than Mariokarts and Style Boutique!!!) I`d be tempted to treat her.

I`m thinking we need to focus on maths......or DH does :D
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I bought a couple of ds games ...the brain training ones and a vocabulary one too..which obviously didn't go down as well as a lego starwars one might, but was still played a lot. ( I quite like them too ! )

Someone mentioned the Professor Layton games.What are they ? Any good/ help ?
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I`m sure someone will be along to correct me if necessary, but I think the Prof Layton ones encourage you to problem solve and think outside the box.

Our house is for sale at the moment so I will have to invest in a new tables chart as the tatty one we have is not a good look :? My maths is dreadful, so it won`t do me any harm either.....
committed

Post by committed »

We are also in the 2012 club - and DS2 has just become a lot more interested in trying to go to the same school his big brother got (for the moment anyway - he may well change his mind and decide he wants to go anywhere other than his brother in time! :D ).

DS2 does have one of the Professor Layton games and it is quite addictive (well for me anyway). Some of the puzzles require serious lateral thinking, so we will almost certainly pick up some more of the games. They're not an exact match to anything they'll encounter, but they do get you to think.... which is certainly more than can be said of plants versus zombies!
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I`m thinking that having one in a GS is an excellent motivator for DD2 as she feels the need to achieve the same as her big sister....... :D

I fancy a go at Prof. Layton, so I may buy it, now I can justify its for DD2 :oops:
elliecricket

Post by elliecricket »

My DD will sit the test in 2012 it seems such a long way of but on the other hand not long at all She is a good average in class but not at the top of her class her spelling lets her down but is getting better now she has a great teacher last years was bad and has since left the school
We live in East Kent
Have read through lots of post and have gained some great info I cant believe I am here reading all about the 11 plus it only seems like yesterday she was starting school
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Welcome to our little group ! :)
doodles

Post by doodles »

U400JB9 wrote:I`m thinking that having one in a GS is an excellent motivator for DD2 as she feels the need to achieve the same as her big sister....... :D :
Exactly the same here - he is very keen to join his big brother at Skinners, lots of hard work ahead for us then! :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now