Acceptance of Place Query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
maidmum5

Acceptance of Place Query

Post by maidmum5 »

The offer letter states that we can accept the place by replying to the offer email that we received but does anyone else feel jittery about this or just me? given the fact that the first email was blank and is worded differently from the second one with regards to how to accept the place. I'm wondering whether to complete the pink acceptance slip AND reply to the email too or am I just being silly - would it matter if I did both......

I'm sure with my first DS we replied directly to the school because I remember marching around to the school office and handing it to them :)

Thanks
master chef

Re: Acceptance of Place Query

Post by master chef »

We are going to reply by email , if they don't confirm that they have received our email then we will post .
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'm a bit twitchy about this too...imagine if they don't receive your acceptance ! I thought I might reply by email AND by post ......and photocopy the form...send it by recorded delivery....follow the postman on his deliveries.....
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

maidmum5 wrote:
I'm sure with my first DS we replied directly to the school because I remember marching around to the school office and handing it to them :)
:D Me too, with both my DD and my DS - I certainly wasn't going to trust such a precious message to anyone else!
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Just1-2go wrote:
maidmum5 wrote:
:D Me too, with both my DD and my DS - I certainly wasn't going to trust such a precious message to anyone else!
Me three.....and I would take the belt and braces approach to the acceptance.......worst case scenario is they give you two places :P
Blue Peter

Post by Blue Peter »

Hi, Last year I replied to the school by post and then emailed the school asking them to confirm receipt of my letter, which they did. - they're used to jittery parents!! Why get this far, to risk having your letter lost down the back of a radiator or your email go missing in cyber space!! BP
maidmum5

Post by maidmum5 »

Well I've played it safe and replied to thier email AND hand delivered the acceptance to KCC I know its a tad overboard but not taking any chances :D
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I replied to their email and I've just posted the acceptance form.I'm still a bit twitchy though.

Anyone got a confirmation email back to their reply ?
mystery

Post by mystery »

I would deliver them the child, in new uniform, and say they are early and will wait until school opens in September.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Oh yes, complete with tent ......you wait until it's your turn Mystery, you won't be so flippant then !!! :roll: :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now