Acceptance of Place Query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: Acceptance of Place Query

Post by mystery »

No I know. I think if this was me, I would hand deliver the letter to the school and ask for a receipt of the letter to take home in my sweaty little hand. I'm not being flippant now. And I would post it, and e-mail it.

I made my husband propose by all these different methods.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

It's not the school you take it to, it's the KCC offices..otherwise I think I would take it by hand...just a bit worried that I would turn up in some busy office, someone would grab it off me whilst ushering me out and then leave it on a colleagues desk who was currently travelling around The Congo.......................
mystery

Post by mystery »

Aaah yes I agree with you. I've worked for a large LA and leaving post with them is not a good idea. The concept of a receipt would be struggled with too.

I never took holidays in the Congo though.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

After reading the Judd thread, do the schools also send you an acceptance form ? I would take that by hand and then I'm sure with 3 acceptances I could then relax !

You should try The Congo, Mystery....you can bring back lots of souvenirs not detectable at the airport.............................................. :mrgreen:
maidmum5

Post by maidmum5 »

scarlett wrote:After reading the Judd thread, do the schools also send you an acceptance form ? I would take that by hand and then I'm sure with 3 acceptances I could then relax !

You should try The Congo, Mystery....you can bring back lots of souvenirs not detectable at the airport.............................................. :mrgreen:

Yes the school does also send through a whole host of forms including the official registration/acceptance form, we received our pack today from the school so didn't take long considering I only accepted the place mid week!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Hi Maidmum5,
Yes...should have been a bit more patient, we too received the pack/acceptance form today ( after it had been re delivered from the house down the road ! :shock: )

It feels a bit scary now...so much to take on board...all the induction visits etc, but I know it will make for an easier transition for my son in September. :)
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

I have replied to the email ... and sent off the pink form ... and then today we received a letter from the school we wanted with a tear off form at the bottom ... which I have also put in the post!

Can't be too sure :wink:
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

This may sound like a silly question but how do you reply by email, as the email doesn't actually state you cold reply by it - this is ony mentioned on the letter.

Did you just press 'reply' and then state that xyz would like to accept a place at abc school?

I'm posting my forms today, and getting them signed for... . Also, earlier I had to open the envelope and check that the forms were in the envelope, and properly filled in, before resealing it. One can never be too careful!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Oh yes...I'm one for re opening the envelope just to check what I've just put in 2 seconds ago hasn't vanished !

I just pressed reply to the email I received.......I'm just off now to hand deliver the acceptance form the school sent us over the weekend....haven't driven to the area where the school is before,but will have to get used to it ! I usually check on google street view if I don't know where I'm going :oops: ......but I haven't the time..so if you spot someone reversing the wrong way on a roundabout.....that will probably be me ! :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now