MGS scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pheasantchick

MGS scores

Post by pheasantchick »

Chatting to my ds, the scores to get into MGS seem quite low this year. I was wondering out of curiosity what the cut-off point was.
dadofkent

Re: MGS scores

Post by dadofkent »

There is no cut off point. First allocation is all those who live in catchment and score 390 and above, and the second allocation for the remaining places is those that pass, ie 360 and above, on then on distance.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Hi Pheasantchick.....you mentioned in another post that more boys got in than was expected.Were these boys hoping to get into Judd/Skinners or had they put down Oakwood ?

As Dadof kent says, they fill the spaces first with those who scored 390 plus....the boys you know did they score less than that ?
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Last year 60% of places went to those getting 390 or above and 40% to those of 360 and above. I'm guessing the number over 390 is down??
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Thaks for your replies. I didn't realise that almost half of MGS students admitted to MGS obtained under the 'required' score of 390. Alot of the scores I've heard about are in the 360's. I wonder if more people would apply to MGS if they knew thay could get in with a score under 390.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Last year you had to live within 5 miles to get in on less than 390 so I'm guessing lots don't apply as they live too far away. The headmaster said during his talk about 60% scoring 390 and above.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

pheasantchick wrote: I wonder if more people would apply to MGS if they knew thay could get in with a score under 390.
To be fair, I think most parents who read the over-subscription criteria do. I am within the present 4/5 mile cut off distance, and parents in this area are aware that the children only need to pass to obtain a place.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now