Kent Pass Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Post by Guest »

SadGuest wrote:Peter,

Have you heard about whether Dartford schools are oversubscribed? We were hoping for Wilmington Grammar for Boys, don't know yet what our son scored, only that he didn't pass.

Thanks
You son did not pass which one? kent or wallington? how do you know your son did not pass?
SadGuest

Post by SadGuest »

Wilmington Boys Grammar in Dartford (Kent), got results on line this morning, has been offered his third choice school and told did not pass but not score, school won't say yet. Wondered if it was oversubscribed and if that would affect an appeal if it turns out that his score was close to pass mark.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Many Kent parents have results today, either online, or by asking primary headteacher.

Dartford Grammar will be oversubscribed, Wilmington likely to have spaces for appeals.
SadGuest

Post by SadGuest »

Thanks Peter!
neurotic kent mum

results

Post by neurotic kent mum »

many thanks for the info - i had heard 130 across all 3 papers in kent so a relief. Still furious some know results and others don't. If it online I really can't understand why the school can't let us know. My school won't tell and my finger nails won't stand another night! Do agree that it ridiculous of me - promise I have not told my daughter.
nomorefingernails

Post by nomorefingernails »

My daughters primary school won't tell either so you won't be alone in having to wait another day.
Dover Mum

Results

Post by Dover Mum »

My daughters school wont say either!!!!!!!! :evil:
I just want to sleep tonight!!!!!
Neurotic Mum what did you mean by 130 being the pass mark??
unsure

re neurotic mum's post

Post by unsure »

I would ignore the idea of there being a 130 pass mark - it does not make sense.

Peter on the previous thread has said roughly what the pass mark is in Kent this year ( the discussion entitled Kent Scores).

Some grammar schools in Kent rank by score (e.g. Judd and Skinners) and when the school is oversubscribed (which is normally the case) go down the list by score to select the pupils. This may result in the lowest scoring child (before appeal) to have a very high score which some people refer to as the "pass mark" for that school. It varies of course from year to year.

Schools will usually tell you what their lowest scores were (before appeal) and this is useful information to bear in mind before selecting which grammars to put on your Common Application Form.

For example last year my stepson scored 2 lots of 140 and one 130 (VR). Last year this would not have been quite high enough for admission to Judd (before appeal), but I know of another child who was admitted after appeal who scored significantly lower than the "before appeal pass mark".

Hope this helps.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Only three Kent Grammar Schools out of thirty two take all or the majority of their pupils on high scores: Tunbridge Grammar Girls, Judd and Skinners.

Technically Folkestone School for Girls does also, but numbers aren't sufficient to operate on highest scores.

There are also Rochester Grammar school for Girls and Rainham Mark in Medway.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

had been told 130 pass mark through gossip! I thrilled to read peter's post - and further gossip agrees with Peter. Still upset about what one more night will do to my finger nails. There again my husband say - what u stressed about, after all nothing u can do about it. he's right. I still stressed.