oh the waiting!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nomorefingernails

Post by nomorefingernails »

Congratulations to all that got the result they wanted and for those that didn't just remmeber that all our kids deserve our pride just for giving it their best shot.
Embleton

Post by Embleton »

I'm a Medway interloper. Everybody in Medway appears to be miserable today and not wanting to post any messages. :cry: So I thought I'd let you all know my daughter got into Rochester Girls Grammar. :D :D Hard luck to all those that didn't get their first choice but remember with help and encouragement all of our children can fulfill their potential no matter where they are.
nomorefingernails

Aww shame there's noone posting there to share your news with. Congratulations to your daughter, you must be thrilled, I know I am :D
Embleton

Post by Embleton »

Thanks nomorefingernails. As we had the result of the actual test in Janaury my nails have grown back now. :lol: Just waiting for the school is far less stressfull. I have to say I think Medway's method is better than Kent's.
nomorefingernails

I think medway's way of doing it is better too. I don't actually know my daughers results, all I know is that she was allocated her first choice grammar. Still, now I can relax knowing she has passed and has got the school she wanted so much.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

i am with you no more finger nails. she in, dont know scores and dont care. hope your fingernails recover and i become sane. celebrating now.

Post by Guest »

neurotic kent mum wrote:i am with you no more finger nails. she in, dont know scores and dont care. hope your fingernails recover and i become sane. celebrating now.

Post by Guest »

just to let you all know my daughter did it too. she opened the letter as i sat next to her sipping a tia maria...god i was nervous for her.....as she opened it i saw grammer school...i said you did it babe and pointed out the wording on the letter...she screamed as she broke down on the floor...just catching her,,,she cried with joy in my arms....all the stress, anxiety etc came out in such intense emotion......all i could say was its all over, its all over and you did it...im so proud...my baby girl is going to grammer the first one ever in my family.....she did it against all the odds quoted out by society and i will leave to you all to imagine those odds. To all those who failed,,,,it is ok also as these days you don't need a grammer school to suceed as im a mum at uni and never went to grammer...even failed all my exams at school...so there is always hope and possibilities for all....ow and you probably realised i can't spell either but iv done it. ***
Kent Mum

Post by Kent Mum »

:D :D :D :D :D

WELL DONE to all our stars- for having the sheer courage to take the tests and endure all this waiting!

Hey, nomorefingernails- my son will be just 'down the road' from your daughter! (He'll be at MGS!)
sussex 2

To the mum who sipped tia maria...

Post by sussex 2 »

Your message was simply the most brilliant of all the entries on this entire forum. Your story was very moving. Reminding us of what Grammar schools can do. I wish your daughter the best of luck and I'm sure she will be very happy and flourish at her new school. Well done!