So has anyone had the letter today?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
robinia

Re: So has anyone had the letter today?

Post by robinia »

Not TWB.
WGSB is the one we want him to get. In previous years he would have got into DG but the scores have gone so high this year. Also had Skinners and Judd on the list. He didn't really perform his best in the tests but he's so far from their marks this year.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Phoned Kcc about the waiting list and were told we were a very long way down (as I thought we would be) . The lady I spoke to said she couldn't say where because this list wasn't numbered (eh? :lol: ) but I had to ask if she could give me some idea. Eventually she agreed ds would have more chance of going to the moon than his name coming up on the list but she clearly felt sorry for me and put my mind at rest re number of appeals for a school we are going for.

Have my fingers crossed for you all today-really hoping that PheasantChick will post great news on here later today!!!

Tigger
x
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Is it Bennet which such a long waiting list Tigger2? Have you got dates yet for your appeals yet? Keeping fingers crossed for you. PC must be high up on the list and hope she gets some good news.
Impossible is Nothing.
Redsnapper

Post by Redsnapper »

ok, no letter... phoned KCC. so 2 places allocated from waiting list today,... (1 to our friend)
We are now 2nd on the list!
That's got to be a good chance for 6th May surely????
robinia

Post by robinia »

Surely surely you will be OK at 2nd. And I'm just praying at 7th. Even if we have to wait till September.
Redsnapper

Post by Redsnapper »

Am feeling more positive now...at least we know what the situation is and the KCC were very helpful today (that's got to be a first :lol: )
Fingers crossed for you Robinia... 7th is not too bad at all.
Actually this forum needs a fingers crossed emoticon I reckon.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

I would also add that the school you are waiting for Redsnapper ended up with 2 spaces available last year on the first day of appeal hearings, and nobody left on their waiting list..... so fingers crossed!
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Redsnapper

Post by Redsnapper »

Thanks T12acy :)
Am feeling vaguely hopeful that we won't have to go to appeal
laurash

Post by laurash »

Maybe I can't ask this but robinia and redsnapper- which school are you waiting for?
Maybe I can tell you something but I don't know which school you are referring to!! :?
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

No letter for me either... :( . Maybe the letter got delayed and will arrive today :wink: If not, its off to appeal we go.

Maybe I'll ring up KCC to find out where on the waiting list we are. Part of me doesn't want to know. We missed the cut off point by one point - what if we miss the waiting list allocations narrowly also!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now