New to this - advice re scores and question types please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dee99

New to this - advice re scores and question types please

Post by dee99 »

I am new to all things 11+ and my DD wants to take hers in September. We have been looking at some workbooks so far, but I don't know how to find out which question types are typically included in the Kent test. There are lots of posts about alphabetical codes- but which ones apply in Kent and how do I find out what the codes represent?

Also, when talking about scores of 117 / 360 on the KCC website, how are these scores calculated? Is it based on a percentage of correct answers, in which case, how? Also, as my daughter will be 11 in September I have been told by some people that she will have to get a higher score than other, younger children. Is this true and if so, how is her score adjusted?

Please help!!
kentsussexborder

Re: New to this - advice re scores and question types please

Post by kentsussexborder »

This sticky http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 19&t=17635" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; explains the scores in the 2010 testing.

Age standardisation works by children being compared with other children of the same age e.g. September born compared against September born and August born compared against other August born children. There are loads of threads about standardisation - if you do a search you'll come up with a lot!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

there is a good thread here

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 19&t=16988" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

which may help
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

dee99 wrote: There are lots of posts about alphabetical codes-
I am assuming you are talking about VR here, a good place to start is the IPS Methods and Techniques book as it breaks down these codes. I have a pdf with a breakdown of these and if you are interested send me a pm and I can email it to you. Its not as good as the book but it gives you an idea what these codes are.

Regarding scores for younger kids I wouldnt personally get too hung on these at the moment, its not that many points they get. I think 4 is the maximum points the younger ones get.
Impossible is Nothing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now