cat scoring v 11+ scoring

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mystery

Re: cat scoring v 11+ scoring

Post by mystery »

Did you read the bit about Gifted and Talented in the link?
JLT

Post by JLT »

I've found this post interesting. My DS scored 141(q), 141 (VR) and 112 (NVR). His teacher said should just do a little bit of work on NVR and will should be fine in Kent Test. Irony is we've started doing practice papers and he flies through VR and NVR with few errors yet is really struggling with maths. Looks at half of it like it's in a foreign language and really starting to worry!! :?
emma1978

Post by emma1978 »

They are very good scores, shame Maths is a problem that seems to be the case with lots of children so you are not alone. Have you thought of a private tutor? expensive but may get results-good luck.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

they are excellent scores!

Go for it!
JLT

Post by JLT »

emma1978 wrote:They are very good scores, shame Maths is a problem that seems to be the case with lots of children so you are not alone. Have you thought of a private tutor? expensive but may get results-good luck.
Hi - has a had a tutor just for the last few months who has covered loads of maths with him. DS seems to get it at the time of being taught, but then gets really confused when loads of questions on different maths problems are put in front of him. Starts saying - I haven't learnt that, which I know he has!! This coupled with types of questions I know he hasn't learnt - is getting him a bit stressed - oh and me!! :) Have bought Bond 10-11 10 minute tests, how to do 11+ maths and the no nonsense books (which seem a whole lot easier than practice papers) - so hopefully can boost his confidence before the dreaded day comes :?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

maybe work through the papers together rather than giving them as a test?
JLT

Post by JLT »

yoyo123 wrote:maybe work through the papers together rather than giving them as a test?
Hi Yoyo - thanks, yes we've decided to use the practice papers as tests and go through all the books together, such as the 10 minute tests.
:)