Induction days Tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scarlett

Re: Induction days Tomorrow

Post by scarlett »

Thanks BluePeter. I'm sure he will be relieved and full of it once he is home.....it just struck me that this is one of the first things they have to do on their own and there's little we can do to help ! He used to really worry about meeting new people and although in the last couple of years he seemed a lot better, looking at his face I suddenly remembered how much he used to worry and I wonder if those feelings are coming to the surface again. Still, it has to be done and I'm sure he will meet a nice boy just like him ! :)
kaloosam

Post by kaloosam »

Scarlett, I almost shrieked when I saw your message. Same here. You may not be able to tell me, but, if they happened to be at the same school ...
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hope all the induction days went well. Good luck to everybody's dc's.

I so remember last September putting my little boy on the bus in his blazer that was at least three sizes too big with his shiney new shoes. Now, well his blazer is very battered with saggy pockets, the shoes will just about hold out until the end of term, we've laughed, cried and despaired and he is no longer the new boy but very much part of the school.

Oh, and he's at least two inches taller than me now :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Hi Kaloosam...hope you didn't do any shrieking in anyones ear at pickup...your son may never speak to you again! I don't mind declaring my sons school.....he's off to Maidstone Boys and had such a great time ! He even made friends with a boy who likes lego ( the boys at school tell him it's babyish....but after all that expense, he's playing with it until he leaves home ! ) so I'm relieved and so , so glad he's had a positive experience now and won't have to worry over the summer...he's really looking forward to going back and apparently made friends with boys in older years too so won't have to worry about older boys bullying him either.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

My sons induction went well also. Although he doesn't know anyone, he recognised a couple of people from previous visits to the school, plus got recognised by someone he as played football against. He also came home wanting to go on the ski trip! Overall, I think the morning went well.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

My son had a good day too. Made friends with a few boys but one in particular. He's really happy and excited about September now. Even got home on the bus on his own too. One very happy mum!
kaloosam

Post by kaloosam »

Scarlett, mine too!!!!!! and he's the lego KIng!!!!!!!!!! woah, they are bound to meet up at some stage. He had a great day - lunch being the best bit! You are welcome to PM me if you like at any stage XX
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Kaloosam have PMed you!
kaloosam

Post by kaloosam »

Monster mum, I have replied New at PMs have you received it?
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

I've had it and replied.....!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now