Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Good luck everyone!!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:21 pm 

Good luck to all taking the tests... try and chillax (I know it's impossible). :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:04 pm 

Good luck to you all.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:15 pm 

I have a huge butterfly sitting permanently in my stomach, and I'm not even that bothered if DS does not pass, just don't want him to feel a failure...

More scared of facing all the other parents who are assuming he will fly through!

I read a really funny comment somewhere on here about how it is, perhaps, better to be a peacock at the top of a dungheap!!!!!

Anyway, good luck to all our children and sending calm thoughts and steady nerves to all us anxious parents!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:25 pm 

Good luck everyone from me too! Can't believe it's nearly time! Have found this website so helpful over the past few months, and have def come to the conclusion that this is a really stressful time for parents and children alike. It still seems quite an unfair measure of a child's suitability for a grammar school, particularly when you can fail with a much higher overall score than someone who passes :? :? :? :?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:07 am 

Good luck to you all and all your dc's. Hope everything goes to plan for you all.

(Can't believe it was me two years ago and will be again in a year. :shock: :? )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:52 am 

Good luck wishes to everyone! Arrhhhh! I'm fine most of the time...not worrying about it, possibly as I have so much else going on at the mo. but then a wave of worry hits me! Oh dear...what a stressful time for us parents who just want the best for our children....I am just hoping for DS to have a 'fair' test, that he isn't slightly under the weather, or suddenly panicked, or just makes a silly mistake...
Actually, that is what I wish for all children, that they have the chance to do their best in the tests.
Fingers crossed for you all
Observer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:05 pm 

observer wrote:
Good luck wishes to everyone! Arrhhhh! I'm fine most of the time...not worrying about it, possibly as I have so much else going on at the mo. but then a wave of worry hits me! Oh dear...what a stressful time for us parents who just want the best for our children....I am just hoping for DS to have a 'fair' test, that he isn't slightly under the weather, or suddenly panicked, or just makes a silly mistake...
Actually, that is what I wish for all children, that they have the chance to do their best in the tests.
Fingers crossed for you all
Observer

Ditto the waves of panic after feeling fine most of the time.

I would also like to wish each and every one of you and your DCs good luck in abundance for this coming week/weekend.

:D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:43 pm 

Best of luck to all the kids and their parents.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:04 pm 

Anyone of us who has been through this understands. They do all this work and then it all rests on the day - over which we have no control. Just remember they will do their best and we love them. But I am so glad it is not me worrying this year!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:58 am 

Good Luck Everyone! I'm feeling just a little bit nauseous and will be so glad when its over!