Grammar places

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

katel

Grammar places

Post by katel »

I've heard that there are s lot of vacant places at Kent grammar schools this year - does anybody know whether this is true? And does anybody know whether Langton Girls has any vacancies?
Peter

Post by Peter »

If you listened to Radio Kent today there was considerable discussion on oversubscription in boys' grammar schools (which I initiated). Whilst Simon Langton Boys is heavily oversubscribed there are vacancies in the Girls Grammar
katel

Post by katel »

I didn't hear it - we are an Invicta family, I'm afraid! Is the oversubscription worse than in previous years? I wonder why, considering the falling birth rate. What about the mixed grammars?
Peter

Post by Peter »

I have heard nothing on Invicta yet, but as many West Kent girls are usually placed in Invicta initially and then some make their way back, I anticipate there will be vacancies for appeals.

Mixed grammars: none are oversubscribed to my knowledge.
Donald Rumsfeld

Post by Donald Rumsfeld »

There are unknown knowns and there are unknown unknowns.
Beware the comprehensive! :evil: :twisted:
cinremarb

Post by cinremarb »

Peter wrote:I have heard nothing on Invicta yet, but as many West Kent girls are usually placed in Invicta initially and then some make their way back, I anticipate there will be vacancies for appeals.

Mixed grammars: none are oversubscribed to my knowledge.
I can't be sure, but I think the poster meant that they listen to Invicta Radio rather than Radio Kent.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Donald Rumsfeld wrote:There are unknown knowns and there are unknown unknowns.
Beware the comprehensive! :evil: :twisted:
I love the user name and the wonderful incomprehensible unknowns...

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."
............ ah it must be monday
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Lol Herman!

Made my Monday! :lol:

Footy xx.