whats the pass rate this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Post by Guest »

guest77 wrote:Hi
On visit to TWGGS last term, we were told that there are (I think) 14 governor's places on offer. From what we understood, it was a little vague, these are places which can be offered to girls slightly outside catchment and this is what we were hoping to discover. Exactly how far out of catchment can you be to qualify for a place and what marks you should excede to put you in a position to qualify for place. Any help welcome on this issue.

TOGS, on the other hand, make it clear that every year (until it changes!) there are at least 35 places which can be awarded to girls who live out of area. These out of area girls must score more highly than in area girls to get place. This is also what I would be interested in knowing, how high the scores were this year for out of area girls. We are out of area!!

Many thanks

Post by Guest »

Re TOGS - our daughter has been offered an out area place with 411. I heard that the cut-off was 410

Post by Guest »

Hello Guest 77
I may be wrong about this, because I've lost the admissions guide and can't check, but I thought that the TWGGS governors' places went to girls IN CATCHMENT ( i.e. in ANY of the Kent eleven plus areas but NOT in comprehensive areas, for example Paddock Wood, or out of county) who would otherwise be too far away to get a place. The governors' places are then awarded in rank order not on distance so you could live in Dover and get a place (but not Wadhurst). TOGS governors, places are for girls OUTSIDE the eleven plus areas.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now