Moving from Overseas to Kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
penguin

Re: Moving from Overseas to Kent

Post by penguin »

Hi Jini

hope it goes well. thanks for your kind wishes on my earlier thread. my DDs are now both in my second choice (which is actually more ideal-practically) and are enjoying it. I think I have been very lucky to have moved at the time I did, to be where we are and also that my DDs are in the years that they are. (5 and 3)

Our estate agent recommended driving to Staplehurst in the morning to my husband when travelling to work in London. he hasn't had to so far - so I can't comment on it. we're still trying to sort out our house in Wiltshire before we sell. well done you for moving back lock stock. :P
Jini

Re: Moving from Overseas to Kent

Post by Jini »

Hi Penguin

Glad to hear your girls have settled and love their schools.

We are not far from staplehurst, actually the kids go to the library there all the time. We have driven around there a few times. Well like anywhere there are some nice parts and some not so nice. They are building more houses there. The train link apparently is very good too.Kids have settled well in their new schools, The Headteacher at my son's school said I could do an appeal to get my daughter in too but DD is loving the all girls atmosphere because this is what she is used to and she loves the school because it's stretching her. (costing us a bit though!!!!) Hopefully she'll get into a grammar. Got lucky and got a teaching position in a secondary school nearby...so our next task is finding a house in a nice area.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now