The clock's ticking.......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scarlett

Re: The clock's ticking.......

Post by scarlett »

outofboroughmum wrote:scarlett mum, you are spot on in that description. :D

It's just Scarlett. Unless you mean Mum as in Maaarm The Queen, in which case.. I like it !
mystery

Post by mystery »

Ah, OK Katel, I think your minimal preparation will be OK. Your son sounds like a strong contender and in its inspection a few year's back your school did rather better than ours. You think it might not be so good now, but you have some solid sounding results for your son so irrespective of whether it serves all children well it has served yours well (it must have done as you didn't do anything at home apart from be middle class etc).

And from the little you have said about your school so far, it will get at least a good so long as the head can charm Ofsted in the right direction; also no doubt your school has improved vastly after more than one year of a coalition government - this fact has to be taken into account during any inspection at the current time.

Think we should run a book on this one. I'm getting quite twitchy about results day now myself even though I have no relative in this year's competition.
katel

Post by katel »

really sorry, outofboroughmum -i really didn't mean my post the way you have read it! i just thought ir would be interesting, that's all. i am not confident, but i hate the system so much that i decided not to play it and see what happened. The middle class and books and stuff was just to underline my belief that the test is unfairly biassed towards a particular type of child....sorry if I offended you!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh but we're all middle class on here, OOB Mum you made the transition when you registered with EPE. Hope you don't mind your birthright having been taken away from you. I lost my silver spoon when I signed up here. :wink:
starmum2000

Post by starmum2000 »

Oh, can I be 'middle class' then?? What's the correct definition? Is being a member of EPE enough :lol: :lol: ?
I always thought I was working class, but maybe I've gone up in the world!

Got our Bexley results today which were good, now just need Mondays to start making firm decisions.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh yes you officially changed your class when you registered on EPE, but whether that's a step up in the world, I'm not so sure!!
trixiebell

Post by trixiebell »

Mystery,

Just out of interest, what did you mean by:

"also no doubt your school has improved vastly after more than one year of a coalition government - this fact has to be taken into account during any inspection at the current time."

Trixiebell
katel

Post by katel »

i wondered that too, trixiebell -but i decided not to ask. i appear to have inadvertently offended people on this thread already!
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

My Ds is one of those children counting the hours til monday. He has talked to others at school and grilled me about when the results will arrive and how and then how will he know the scores and how do the schools choose and when will we know!
I am exhausted...I just want it to be over now. I have tried so hard to keep my own anxieties to myself but have been thwarted by the band wagon at school!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh sorry about the cryptic comment. I was just being cynical and suggesting that OFSTED might not be as independent as one might hope. After a certain period of time every government has to show that it has improved schools - you can't do this when you first get into office, but maybe a year or so on from the election some better news through OFSTED reports can demonstrate that you are being successful improving education even if you are not ........... hope that's clearer.