The clock's ticking.......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
giddy

Re: The clock's ticking.......

Post by giddy »

Only 3 more days to go! I have to say I'm finding this waiting period absolute torture. Don't remember it being this bad with DD 3 years ago, it's definitely worse this time around with DS. I'm trying desperately trying to keep my anxieties from DS who is far more relaxed at the moment than me! :| :| I keep telling myself it's out of my hands now and there's nothing more I can do. Going to have to keep myself busy on Monday to take my mind off it until 4pm!
whitehart

Post by whitehart »

Hi Katel

what was the result of your experiment??
:o
outofboroughmum

Post by outofboroughmum »

Yes P-l-e-a-s-e do tell as I have one more DC to put through. Thank you.

Your fan,

OOBMUM.
katel

Post by katel »

Sorry, been internetless. He failed - catastrophically! So badly that the Head said that normally he wouldn't have even considered putting in a head teacher's appeal, but he did, because it was so very unexpected. But no luck there either. which just goes to show that the system really really is crap!
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

So sorry to hear your news. I hope you have a good alternative that your DS is happy with.
katel

Post by katel »

He'll go to the High school with most of his friends. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Not sure what I did to upset you, outofboroughmum-was it me saying I was middle class? well, can"t deny it, I am!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Hi Katel, really sorry to hear that, your plan sounded sensible to me. This is the thing I don't understand about appealing. Why is it only marginal fails that seem to succeed, or that people try to appeal with? If you have strong evidence of ability, you have strong evidence of ability, whether or not the fail was a marginal one or by a long, long way. In a way to me if a child is very able and crashes on every paper it just shows that for some reason they don't perform well in that particular test situation and the other evidence of academic ability still holds.

Please can you conduct another experiment and appeal against non-qualification. We will all give you the ultimate help. Then when your son gets a place you can have the satisfaction of hearing him say yet again that he wants to go to the high school anyway.

Do you think he deliberately blobbed to go with his friends? Some do. Crafty b*******.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I'm also sorry Katel - It's very discouraging if a bright child cannot qualify without extensive additional input.
katel

Post by katel »

i was wondering about whether to appeal. Shall I? Just to see what happens? And as a public service? i'd do it without telling him, then if by a miracle he gets a place, he can choose.

No, he didn't do it on purpose-his two best friends were, like him, sure fire passes. Except they did!
chocolate

Post by chocolate »

Were his friends tutored?