Scores.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
starmum2000

Re: Scores.

Post by starmum2000 »

Thanks for that Twinkle, I have e-mailed & will let you know if I get a response!
Greenwichdad, I feel your pain!!! We are the same as you, needing a huge score for DG and not being able to get the scores from HT :roll: .
Let us know if you get a response from KCC -(I have been extra polite in my e-mail in the hope that the stressed out admins might be more willing to respond :lol: ).
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Absolutely ridiculous your schools dont have your scores ready for you! its not like this doesnt happen on this day every year :shock:
Luckily our head always has them typed up in a letter for our parents ready for collection today to be taken away privately :wink:
Really hope KCC are on the ball ( :roll: ) and give you the info you need quickly. Good luck.
greenwichdad

Post by greenwichdad »

starmum2000 wrote:GRRRRRR :twisted:
Just asked HT if I can get scores, she can't remember where she put them!!!!
She said she's really annoyed kent have put this on them & I should try ringing them & saying HT refusing to give them to me.
She said give me a few days & she'll find them - I haven't got a few days!!!!!!!!
Ooh, starmum, that sounds even more annoying than our position. It is horrendously unprofessional.

We've loved our school, a very mixed primary, but this does typify how flaky they can be. And of course this tends to intensify your fantasy of finding a school that is well-organised, with coherent strategies and motivated staff. No place is perfect, I know, but surely there has to be somewhere where they don't lose paperwork down the back of their sofa!

According to Kent, there is a backlog of requests for scores. We sent in a request last night, but they said it could be tomorrow before we receive anything. I hope your super-polite email inspires a quick response!
vasu

Post by vasu »

Got my son's score for HT with a warning from her"we have nothing to do with the exam your son is taking because most of our kids go to the local comp" :evil: Hello! Not asking for your help am I just want my son's score. I guess she was shrugging off the school's responsibility if it ever comes to headteacher's appeal. Oh well! each one for themselves.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
martin76

Post by martin76 »

Hi,

Our school refused to give us a results till 19ofoctober :(
I’ve wrote to Kent council regarding it, spoke with HT (she was tough about it ) .
Then council gave a call finally to this school (Bexley area) and asked them to release the results. What a HT …..

Just received call from school (not from HT) and they gave me results (420).

The school not supportive at all, needed to fight all the day ….and for what? Just to hear the results…..
uh......
starmum2000

Post by starmum2000 »

At last :D :D :D
A member of the office staff had to get them faxed through again from KCC :roll: .
Enough for DGSB - yippee!
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

Sorry, Starmum, how much is enough for DGSB? Thanks
shahinoor

Post by shahinoor »

If it 420 or near enough than it is enough otherwise for thos of us who children got lower (408 in my case) we have sweat it till mar 1
Supermom

Post by Supermom »

Twinkle wrote:I received an email from KCC last night that said

"If you need to know your child’s individual test scores, they are available on request from the primary school. If you cannot obtain them from the school, you may contact the Secondary Admissions Team for assistance. Please email kent.admissions@kent.gov.uk using the term 11+ SCORES REQUEST in the subject header of the email quoting your child's PUPIL ID , which can be found on your results letter ."

I hope this helps and that they respond quickly. We were lucky enough to receive a letter from our school this morning with the scores but I was planning to email KCC if we hadn't.
I emailed using the address above and got a response back saying I should contact dd's school. The school has not received any results and were not sure of what was going on. I then decided to call the number for admissions on the letter and the gentleman on the phone said there was a 'communication breakdown' between some schools and KCC so it may take a few days to sort out :? . And no, there's no way KCC will be able to give the scores over the phone (data protection) so I will have to wait for the school to get the results. It is very frustrating.
starmum2000

Post by starmum2000 »

I believe last year DG offered to scores of 411. The previous year it was 394 so really shot up - I don't know if it will come down again this year.
That seemed to be the March 1st initial offers - does anybody know if it went down later on in the process?