Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:34 am 

Hi everyoone,

This is my very first post so please bear with me if it is long winded :) . Congratulations to all who passed the Kent exams. I am happy for you all.

DD was deemed suitable for a high school so we won't be putting a Kent grammar school :( . We will be taking the Essex exams next month (we live in Essex). I wanted to know people's opinion about the Kent exams versus the Essex one. I am wondering whether or not to let DD do the exams due to the Kent results.

I have often been told that the Kent exams are 'easier' than the Essex ones. If DD has not been selected for a Kent grammar school, is there any hope of her doing well in the Essex one?

Any thoughts on this?

NB: I have found the posts on this forum to be very encouraging and I feel I am not alone in the 11plus quest......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:30 pm 

Oh! I thought I was the only one. We are giving 5 exams in 5 different boroughs!! We gave Kent and will be giving Essex next month. Though my ds passed but his scores were not as high as expected. I do not want to complain but he found 4 papers in a day, at a single stretch was very tiring. I feel Essex exam will be better because VR is his strongest subject. We are giving St Olaves too which is a day before Essex!!! And we have Tiffin Boys 3 days before. I am nuts!!!What was I thinking. Sorry!rants to myself.

Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.