Dartford Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sparky25

Dartford Grammar

Post by sparky25 »

Hi there, I am pleased to say DS passed the Kent test. He failed the Bexley test by 14 points so I wasnt holding my breath for the Kent. I even went as far as thinking he may have scrapped through on a ht appeal but he got 129 129 and 140. A total score of 398.

We went to look at DGBS and he fell in love with it. We are putting it as first choice followed by Wilmington. I will be pleased if he gets either as he liked both.

We are in zone A and having spoken to the assistant ht at the opening evening, he said we have a good chance of getting into Dartford. Can anybody offer any advice on how true this may be.

Many thanks

Sparky
shahinoor

Re: Dartford Grammar

Post by shahinoor »

For zone a ..excellent chance
sparky25

Post by sparky25 »

Thanks for the speedy reply, would this be based on the fact that we are in zone a and he passed or would it be based on his actual score?

Sparky
Rivgirl

Post by Rivgirl »

The place would be because you're are in zone a and have passed, scores would only become an issue if boys applying from zone a out numbered the places available. Highly unlikely so if you put dgs first then 99.9% sure you would get a place.
malibu

Post by malibu »

Rivgirl wrote:The place would be because you're are in zone a and have passed, scores would only become an issue if boys applying from zone a out numbered the places available. Highly unlikely so if you put dgs first then 99.9% sure you would get a place.
Yes I've heard Zone A get preference, so does that mean a score of 375 or even 360 is 99.9% guaranteed a place? :mrgreen:
trixiebell

Post by trixiebell »

HI Malibu,

Yes it does. If you live in zone A, you just need a pass.
Blametheparents

Post by Blametheparents »

I hope that there are not 150 boys in zone A that want to go to DGS!
My son scored 420 and is hoping for a place based on score, we live just outside zone A and DGS still feels like our 'local' grammar school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now