TWGSB.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pasta09

TWGSB.

Post by Pasta09 »

First post but loads of reading which has been so helpful so thank you. A question, may be silly. As TWGSB needs a pass and works on distance, are you guaranteed a place if you have passed and live close by, ie less than 2 miles? I spoke to Kent Admissions who said they couldn't say. The last three years for furthest away child was, according to admissions, 13 miles (Edenbridge) 9.1 miles and 9.9 miles (Sevenoaks) so doesnt that make it a yes? Is there really a possibility that so many boys will have passed and live within a couple of miles this year? Dont want to talk about it being a given if actually it's not. (Not hugely confident in the admissions advice as I asked where other nearest grammars were to fill my four on the list and she said Sevenoaks I did laugh and told her I wasnt aware of a grammar in 7oaks because that was an issue for lots of people and she said, yeah well ashford!!) Thanks for any help.
Just1-2go

Re: TWGSB.

Post by Just1-2go »

Living within 2 miles of TWGSB should pretty much guarantee you a place as long as you have a pass - Well thats what I've told my DS!! I hope no-one comes and contradicts me :shock: .

Unless of course they build a block of flats next to it between now and March and fill it with 150 boys with 11+ passes!
Pasta09

Post by Pasta09 »

That's what I thought but good to hear it from someone else so thank you! The whole thing makes you a bit crazy and feels like you don't know your own mind! Thanks.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

I have never heard of it never not getting to Tonbridge which is 3 miles. To be honest, every year I have known boys have got in from Hidenborough (4 miles) so cant see why this year would be diffferent :?
I wonder if the school would know how far it actually 'went' last year?
mystery

Post by mystery »

Maybe there are a vast number of boys at TWGSB with siblings in the current year 6 who have all passed the 11+ .................. well you never know. They do sound a bit dippy in admissions at KCC at times.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Ooops I'm not even sure if siblings figure in the TWGSB admissions policy - do they? That's on a par with not knowing if there's a grammar in Sevenoaks or not!!
noodlepower1

Post by noodlepower1 »

So glad to see I'm not alone in feeling like this whole application process is making me go slightly bonkers....such strange advice from KCC...We live within a mile of the GS we like, which is not super-selective, and so have put them as our sole choice on the SCAF form...but now having doubts because of KCC's advice..I feel like I am battling with my own rational thinking here!! Surely there is no need to put other schools down 'just in case' if DC has passed and we live so close?