2012 Waiting Lists - Received letter yet

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NJM

2012 Waiting Lists - Received letter yet

Post by NJM »

Has anyone heard yet as to whether they have been successful / unsuccessful from the waiting lists as I thought letters were due to come out on the 10th April.
Lynda1966

Re: 2012 Waiting Lists - Received letter yet

Post by Lynda1966 »

Letters sent out yesterday, I phoned kcc today my son hasn't got anyplace from his waiting lists. So despite passing 11+ he still has an academy offer.
The grammers he was on the list for offered 3 places!!!!!
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Oh that is really hard to take isn't it.

Did you find out how far down the waiting lists he is?

Hopefully there will be more movement but what an unsettling time it must be for you.

Fingers crossed for all those in this position.
mummabear

Post by mummabear »

Oh my goodness 3 places!!! They would not tell me anything about waiting list allocations or my son's position on them when I phoned up yesterday, I guess it was too soon!
Did they say what the cut off scores and distance were now?
kaloosam

Post by kaloosam »

Have you spoken to the actual schools? This time last year, the schools gave me lots of info about where DS was on the list and how many places offered - and yes, it was during the holidays too! I would definitely try school secretaries ahead of KCC!
mummabear

Post by mummabear »

Thanks kaloosam,

yes I emailed one of the schools and they replied very promptly telling me that they had not yet received their email from KCC so could not yet tell me anything and I could try contacting KCC for information.
Lynda1966

Post by Lynda1966 »

Kcc were able to tell me son was 64 and 81 on two lists. The third they were unable tell me and no answer from school. Guess we will have to fight at appeal for our son for a grammar place- he passed with a mark over 400 yet no grammar. Wilmington his first choice offered out to 5.45 miles initially we live 5.9
Dublin mum

Post by Dublin mum »

We got a letter from KCC on Thursday saying no places at Gravesend however we got a letter from school on Friday offering my son a place , that's 3 I know of leaving 3 additional places at Wilmington grammar for boys :D
Lynda1966

Post by Lynda1966 »

Good news for you, hopefully anyone offered places now will let the original school place know ASAP , so that those places can be reallocated To those of us still on the schools waiting lists
layla22

Post by layla22 »

It appears KCC are still sitting on some offers- from waiting list- that should have come out on Friday, but are still in their "out" tray. After speaking to my DS's 1st pref school that we have been on the waiting list for, I phoned KCC to challenge them on some info that the school had given me, only to find out that a letter that should have been posted on Friday was still there.
So there is still hope......please hang on...... :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now