Chis & Sid Grammar School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Chis & Sid Grammar School

Post by Guest »

Hi All

I have a daughter who will be going into Yr7 at Chis & Sid in September. Does anyone have children already there? I would love to hear the type of bag/shoes etc the girls are currently using. Also, do most wear the pullover?

I know the above may seem trivial, but it seems very important to my 11 year old!! Any other tips/info gratefully received!

Thanks xx

Post by Guest »

Your post made me smile. Finally someone getting their priorities right.
solimum

pullovers

Post by solimum »

I sympathise! These are very important things to get right... I have no idea about your school, but at my daughter's comp the girls happily wear the jumpers under their blazers, 95% wear skirts rather than the permitted trousers, and "natural" tights are the order of the day. The recent new school regulation that scarves should be black or green is widely flouted (stuff them in the bag quick before entering the premises). Practically none of the boys wear the v-neck jumpers however - I have saved several fellow mums the expense of new jumpers by passing on this useful info!

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the above replies. I may have to resort to loitering outside the school gates taking notes...........let's hope I don't get arrested!!!!! :lol:
bromleymum1

chis and sid

Post by bromleymum1 »

Spotted a Chis and Sid girl yesterday and carefully took note of her uniform! Opaque black tights, no jumper, pink shirt worn outside very short skirt! Didn't get a chance to see the bag- didnt' want to look too obvious!

Post by Guest »

Thanks Bromleymum1 !!

I'm not sure I like the sound of the short skirt, but black opaque tights get a big tic from me :D I'll go and stock up to beat the September rush!

Post by Guest »

I have a son in Year 8. The school normally organise an open eveing for Parents in July to introduce you to the school and Head of Year 7. There would be representatives from the uniform store on the day. You will usually get the uniforms in a shop called Jay sports in Blackfen, The girls wear light purple shirt, grey skirt, (too short for my liking) no tie, Purple blazer with Chis and SId crest. Grey Jumper (optional) No make-up except in senior class(A\level). am not sure if ear studs are allowed or not. Congratulations to your daughter and your family!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest »

In addition to the above, Plain bag is the uniform code but I don't think the school is fussy about the bag,

Post by Guest »

In addition to the above, Plain bag is the uniform code but I don't think the school is fussy about the bag, Black school shoes
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

Thanks guest :) .

I saw some girls in Sidcup the other day (probably yr7 if not yr8) and noted the style of shoes and bag........flat ballet style pumps and small Nike backpacks seemed to be very popular, so know where to start now with those.

How is you son getting on there? We were very impressed by the open evening/day when we visited last year and got a good feel from the staff and pupils, so are hoping our daughter will be very happy there.