NFER reading assessment????

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

U400JB9

NFER reading assessment????

Post by U400JB9 »

today my 9yr old came home from school with a certificate thanking her, and the school, for her particitpation in a NFER trial for a level 6 reading assessment??????

Anyone shed any light for me please? She said it was like doing "the other Kent Test papers"....and thats all the information I got out of her
DC17C

Re: NFER reading assessment????

Post by DC17C »

We are in Gloucester but dd mentioned doing some sort of extra test yesterday I'll ask her if that was a reading test.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

NFER do national trials of such things all over the country - a random selection of schools is made.
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Also Gloucestershire - DD2 (yr6) did 4x 30-min Level 6 maths papers this morning, overseen by 'a strange man who came with the papers' :shock: (Image in my head of teacher opening SATs-style plastic packs and strange man popping out! :lol: ). After each one the children also had to discuss how they found the papers, compared I think to the real L6 they sat just a few weeks ago!
Yawn - she has had enough now, and just wants to get on & enjoy her last few weeks at primary.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

LOL GLParent......sadly we`re just at the beginning of the Kent test struggle

Thank you for that.....it just seemed a bit random. But I now know she and one other yr5 went over with the yr 6`s.....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now