You could have two offers on 1 March if you wish

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

You could have two offers on 1 March if you wish

Post by mystery »

Take a read of this:

http://www.sevenoakschristianschool.org.uk/?p=968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bondgirl

Re: You could have two offers on 1 March if you wish

Post by bondgirl »

Are you going to apply for the Head's position, mystery?
mystery

Post by mystery »

:lol: I don't think I have the right experience!!
daveg

Post by daveg »

And depending on how many parents hold offers from a free school which they don't eventually take up, things can get very interesting for the parents who think they have a place:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

That's a bit worrying...not sure how many people will be interested...it's only 50 % for faith admissions ?? I know some were hoping it would be similar to Bennett.

There's always dinner lady , Mystery..I'll send you a big ladle and a hair net.
mystery

Post by mystery »

The whole thing is a bit mystifying. Let's say X children applied and were offered places and accepted them, and it was sufficient (I don't know what the agreed initial number with the DFE is for it to go ahead). Those X parents could also have accepted places at their state school offer (to protect themselves against the Bradford scenario). Then on the first day of term those X parents go to whichever school they decide is the best bet for them. So the free school may still not have enough people on the first day of term even though it had previously looked as though there were enough children for it to be kept open - what then? But if the new school does go ahead and stay open a load of places will be freed up on the first day of term in the other state schools.

It's very tricky. Even more muddle than usual in the West Kent admissions?

I do hope it's successful though - it looks like it would be good if they do get the numbers. And it would be very nice for people wanting a small school for the first few years maybe?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Isn't there a strong possibility that come September 2013 they could be half empty from people not taking up the places allocated and failing to advise them.

Really hope that doesn't happen.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yep, and then it might shut as per Bradford but a few days after the beginning of term rather than a few days before the beginning of term? Sorry that was what I was hinting at above - I wasn't very clear!
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Presuming it is at the Wildenress site, where does that leave the Sevenoaks Grammar School?
daveg

Post by daveg »

doodles wrote:Isn't there a strong possibility that come September 2013 they could be half empty from people not taking up the places allocated and failing to advise them..
There is a major difference between expressions of interest and bums on seats. Beccles Free School claimed it would have 300 pupils in September 2012. It has 57.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now