Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tigger2

Re: Perceptive or paranoid?

Post by tigger2 »

Our ht has had the results from the beginning of the week :(
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I may be wrong...but I thought I read somewhere on here, that only the HT was allowed to know the scores?

Certainly when DD1 failed, her teacher said he hadn`t been told until the actual results day. Last year, at DD2`s school ALL the children who had taken the Kents test reported their books had been delivered to HT. So the class teacher didn`t know......
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

....or maybe I`m being naive....... :oops: :oops:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Don't worry..I'm sure it means nothing ..only that unfortunately, DS is also looking for signs , that probably are not there . :(
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Our teacher definitely knew the scores and helped put together the HT appeal. I cant see how any HT could realistically not tell the year six teacher or indeed the year 5 as they would play a crucial part in gathering evidence if necessary. Having said that, all HT's are very different arent they... :lol:
Hair bear bunch

Post by Hair bear bunch »

I work in my childs primary school and also a governor.

The results were e-mailed at 8am yesterday morning to Kent schools and it would certainly be discussed with the year 6 teacher and usually the main topic of conversation in the next staff meeting.
The appeals will be heard on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week.

Real p_oker face time for the teachers but don't think for one minute that they find out when the children do. It just doesn't work like that. :?
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

My dd took the test last year and I knew which day the teachers found out, this was purely because i picked up on subtle changes in the way several teachers looked and behaved. They are always very friendly and welcoming but there was something else that was difficult for them to hide. It was obvious that they knew and were genuinely pleased for her. I wasn't looking for signs but they were definately there! When i came home and looked on here, I found that it had been the day for schools to get results. I didn't mention anything to dd but it made me feel a whole lot better.
I don't think i would have noticed anything if she had failed, as i couldn't imagine the teachers looking sympathetic, that's probably easier to hide, but genuine happiness is must be very difficult for them to contain.

Also, in my daughters class, all the books were taken, which I think is the best practice.
Loosemummy

Post by Loosemummy »

Arrgrhhhh!!!!! you mean I went to DS's school last night for the transfer to secondary school meeting with the HT and his class teacher and they already knew!!???? Why did nobody tell me so I could scrutinise their faces and analyse every look!!??!.....or maybe is it better I didn't know? :wink:
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Now you mention it....at pick up time yesterday, the HT asked my friend which schools she was viewing yesterday...she mentioned a local grammar and the HT said...good choice..... :cry:

Its very difficult, of the 9 in her year, 3 of the parents are TAs.....including this other mum...in such a small school if all the teachers no it must be impossible to keep it a secret
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

...and now I`ve depressed myself.... :cry: :cry:

We`re off to view the local Catholic school this evening...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now