Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:35 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 7
Hello all. could someone please advice me on which Kent Grammar school is likely to offer a place to my daughter considering the fact that we live out of county--LONDON. we took the kent test at Mayfield grammar and the journey time was only 20mins from London KingsX. Initially,we were looking for her to board but this is no longer an option due to financial setback.
thanks
Desperado :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:58 pm
Posts: 57
Mayfield Grammar would take out of county girls.
Last year, for example, they did not fill their places at the time of the first allocation on 1st March.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:18 am
Posts: 306
Further out, Chatham Grammar School for Girls, although in Medway, will accept a Kent pass and would have spaces on March 1st so you would get in ooc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 7
Blametheparents wrote:
Mayfield Grammar would take out of county girls
Last year, for example, they did not fill their places at the time of the first allocation on 1st March.

BDP,
many thanks for your response. I really like Mayfield and the journey is not tedious at all.hope my DD gets a pass mark :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 7
Samlet wrote:
Further out, Chatham Grammar School for Girls, although in Medway, will accept a Kent pass and would have spaces on March 1st so you would get in ooc.


Thanks.I will check how long it takes from kingX to the school.would you know which one is more academic, chatham or mayfield


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:18 am
Posts: 306
Sorry, can't help you with that, other than to suggest the usual research on exam results, ofsted and their websites.

Chatham would add about 15-20 minutes to the train journey and involves a walk or bus to the school so journey time might be a factor, I just thought I'd let you know there was another option.

Oh, and ticket costs for the high speed trains from St Pancras are HIGH!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 121
desperado wrote:
Hello all. could someone please advice me on which Kent Grammar school is likely to offer a place to my daughter considering the fact that we live out of county--LONDON. we took the kent test at Mayfield grammar and the journey time was only 20mins from London KingsX. Initially,we were looking for her to board but this is no longer an option due to financial setback.
thanks
Desperado :?:

Wilmington for Girls will offer her a place. People do come from London to Wilmington but later on buy or rent in Dartford or Crayford, Bexley, Sidcup even eltham


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 7
Grrreat news.hope my dd achieve the required mark :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016