Can you name the Kent Super selectives that take on scores?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
skip202

Re: Can you name the Kent Super selectives that take on scor

Post by skip202 »

Dartford Grammar has 1) Looked after children (2) Zone A - Dartford Electoral Wards (3) All others deemed OOC

out of the 150 places a certain number come from 1 & 2 and then the rest from 3

I believe if you are in (2) then you just need to pass Kent 11+ but in (3) as there is much more competition then you have to score quite high, last years cut off was I think 414 (it might of come down on appeals last year) and by all accounts has been going up every year and I expect it again to be higher this year.
starmum2000

Post by starmum2000 »

Skip202 is right about Dartford - if you live in the Dartford Electoral Wards you will be admitted regardless of score providing it is a pass. The remainder of the places go on ranked score irrespective of distance (unless there is a 'tied' score). The minimum score they have offered on has increased significantly in recent years - 414 last year - and is likely to continue to do so as competition is fierce especially from south east London boys where there are no Grammar schools. Interesting to note also that Dartford does not have a siblings priority.
HTH
skip202

Post by skip202 »

Thanks for the extra information starmum2000. The only thing I need to add that there are Dartford Electoral Wards not included in Zone A I.e Longfield which I live in and therefore DS is deemed OOC :-(. Whereas Dartford Girls have a different over subscription criteria and we are included. The main difference being that Dartford girls I believe was filled up by girls within the parishes last year and no OOC. This would more than likely happen to Dartford boys if they included our ward as well.
Obviously I find this decision a bit strange but then I am biased towards my DS and its the I'd debate about Grammar schools being for local people or OOC!
It is also strange that they have no sibling criteria!
sunshine777

Post by sunshine777 »

Hi

Any idea of the breakdown of the DGS numbers for last year? i.e. of the 150 places offered/admitted, how many fall under:
1) Looked after children
2) Zone A - Dartford Electoral Wards and
3) All others deemed OOC

Thanks
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Hi Beckmum :D

Wilimington Grammar for Boys also take the top 10% based on score. There are private bus services that go from the Beckenham/Bromley areas to the Wilmington and Dartford Grammars.

HTH
skip202

Post by skip202 »

Hi

Any idea of the breakdown of the DGS numbers for last year? i.e. of the 150 places offered/admitted, how many fall under:
1) Looked after children
2) Zone A - Dartford Electoral Wards and
3) All others deemed OOC

Thanks

I have had a look through the forums and can't find any comments that's answers this. But I find it a really interesting question in that can DGS fill all its 150 places with just (1) & (2)? I sure this has not happened recently but if there were enough boys passing from Zone A may be?
See here
https://shareweb.kent.gov.uk/Documents/ ... m-2013.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the case of over-subscription, places are allocated in the order set out below. [Within each section, places are ranked according to each applicant’s combined test scores.in Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning and Mathematics.

So reading this it seems possible?
sunshine777

Post by sunshine777 »

If I understand correctly, for the Sep 12 Y7 entry, the cut-off score at DGS for OOC applicants was 414. This suggests that a number of OOC applicants with scores between 414 and the max 420 were admitted. It would be interesting to know how many?

It would also be useful to know the general trend of number of OOC's admitted to DGS over the past few years.

I have searched for the above info in this forum but couldn't find the answers.

Any opinions (especially from those with an understanding of the demographic changes taking place in DGS Zone A) if in future years DGS is likely to have Nil OOC entrants, as seems to have happened at DGSG last year?

(By OOC I mean Out of DGS Zone A)
Blametheparents

Post by Blametheparents »

My DS is in year 7 at Dartford Grammar having achieved an OOC score. Interestingly we also live in Longfield and my daughter would count as being in the parishes should she wish to go to Dartford Girls.
I heard on the grapevine that the number of local boys that have places at the school is about 65.
I know of some people who live in the area and would count for over subscription criteria 2 who don't choose the school as they feel it will be too demanding for their child. This is a shame as thus far there has been no distinction made by the school between the different groups and 'feeling' that I get from my DS is that everyone is doing well and all are settling in well.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now