Results date has changed!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
skip202

Re: Results date has changed!

Post by skip202 »

Hi,

I am a little bit annoyed with KCC! Why all the cloak and daggers?

(1) As previous comments have mentioned why change this at such short notice and when there is no mention of it on their website. I assume for those parents who don’t read this forum they will still expect to receive the breakdown of results on Thursday? Why can’t they be like Medway were we got an email saying DS was selective (or not selective) with what was the pass score for this year and what DS’s total score was. Then we received a letter detailing the breakdown of his individual standardized scores. Simple! Then you know where you stand and if you have to go to appeal or not.
(2) Also why did they change the format of the NVR practice test from the actual test? i.e. number of questions per section and allowed time. I know this threw off quite a lot of DC’s (including mine). I understand it’s to try and stop any advantage but what’s the point of a practice test if it’s not in the same format as the real test. In all my time of taking exams from O’levels (I know I’m showing my age!), A-Levels, University this never happened to me!

Rant over. It must be getting closer!
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

(1) As previous comments have mentioned why change this at such short notice and when there is no mention of it on their website. I assume for those parents who don’t read this forum they will still expect to receive the breakdown of results on Thursday? Why can’t they be like Medway were we got an email saying DS was selective (or not selective) with what was the pass score for this year and what DS’s total score was. Then we received a letter detailing the breakdown of his individual standardized scores. Simple! Then you know where you stand and if you have to go to appeal or not.
I like this method as then I could digest the scores and not need to worry about the person sat opposite me/at the end of the phone. This is especially important if all is hinging on ghe scires!
raymae

Post by raymae »

Oh my ... I am so new to all this and so :? .
I have a son of near 20 but he has severe learning disability, so never been through anything like this before :( . I didnt even realise we have to ask the Ht for the scores and pass mark. I should have an email coming on the 17th, Does that mean i then have to wait until friday and ask Ht what individual score marks were ? Or will they send a letter with the breakdown ???
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

raymae wrote:Oh my ... I am so new to all this and so :? .
I have a son of near 20 but he has severe learning disability, so never been through anything like this before :( . I didnt even realise we have to ask the Ht for the scores and pass mark. I should have an email coming on the 17th, Does that mean i then have to wait until friday and ask Ht what individual score marks were ? Or will they send a letter with the breakdown ???
Hello
My understanding of this minute change is that you get the email on Wednesday afternoon after 4pm is the official time and then you have to wait until Friday for the actual scores from the Headteacher. If you did not opt for the email you will get a letter on Thursday and results on Friday (from the HT). There is no breakdown with the letter/email - or at least there never has been in the past.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Raymae...did you register online for your results? it gave you a choice of recieving them by post or email.
The email will still go out at 4pm on wednesday. If you didn`t then you will now get a letter on friday.
IF you live in an area where the scores are really important then you can ask your HT for the scores on Friday now.....
We live in East Kent to a pass is good enough for me on wednesday, scores will be important but not as improtant for those needing a score for their desired school......its just prolonging the agony a bit
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

anotherworriedmum wrote:
raymae wrote:Oh my ... I am so new to all this and so :? .
Hello
My understanding of this minute change is that you get the email on Wednesday afternoon after 4pm is the official time and then you have to wait until Friday for the actual scores from the Headteacher. If you did not opt for the email you will get a letter on Thursday and results on Friday (from the HT). There is no breakdown with the letter/email - or at least there never has been in the past.
My understanding is the letters will be posted on Thursday now and recieved Friday
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

U400JB9 wrote:My understanding is the letters will be posted on Thursday now and recieved Friday
Happy to be corrected :-)

Does anyone really wait for the post any more when they could be put out of their misery 24 hours before hand!
CoffeeCup

Post by CoffeeCup »

Just seen this thread. O M G

I have a million questions. Starting with - Why?

I was on the KCC website at lunchtime (re reading things for the millionth time) and there is no indication of any change.

I've booked time off work on Thursday morning to collect scores. That cant easily be changed.

Sorry if I am repeating what others have said, I have only just seen this :(
doodles

Post by doodles »

anotherworriedmum wrote:My understanding of this minute change.
Beg to differ it's monumental when you are in a state of nervous exhaustion :lol: :lol:
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

anotherworriedmum wrote:
U400JB9 wrote:My understanding is the letters will be posted on Thursday now and recieved Friday
Happy to be corrected :-)

Does anyone really wait for the post any more when they could be put out of their misery 24 hours before hand!
We had this discussion at school......BUT if you`ve moved house and got no internet access for weeks.....what a nightmare :shock:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now