Results date has changed!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
U400JB9

Re: Results date has changed!

Post by U400JB9 »

Unless its changed this year, the letters don`t include the scores.

You get those from the HT...who I assume knows already since they`ve been to HT appeal

MAYBE you`ll still be able to get the scores from the HT on Thursday anyway.

In theory, they only people who could be affected are those that didn`t ask for the email....or am I being too simplistic?? :shock:
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

This it confusing...to clarify, are you saying the results (pass/fail) will be late or just the release of scores? If the latter then i don't really understand why, unless they are changing the system from requesting the scores at school to including them in the letter, which i think they should have done years ago anyway!
OOCmum

Post by OOCmum »

Oh it would be just wonderful if the email still went on Weds with the scores too...but I'm not going to hold my breath!
Shevek

Post by Shevek »

Medway have the score in the email, along with the minimum score for selective

Both Medway and Bexley include a breakdown of scores for all tests in the letters.

Why are Kent unable to do this?
OOCmum

Post by OOCmum »

To confirm, KCC this morning announced that HT cannot release scores on Thursday as orginally stated, this will now be Friday am
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

The HT have the scores , so just find out on Thursday . I found out DS1 scores about 20 minutes after my results email came through , as the Head was still at school. I'm sure they all are at 4pm ? If you can manage it without looking them in the eye, perhaps ask at pick up on Wednesday if they will be at school for a bit ?

Just seen your post OOCmum ( keep reading that as OCDmum :shock: ) ..do you mean the Heads or KCC ?
OOCmum

Post by OOCmum »

Ha ha, scarlett am a little bit OCD too!

Kent County Council said that Head Teachers are not allowed to give scores until Friday... our HT has said that he will not therefore give until Friday..... grrrrrrr
doodles

Post by doodles »

Speaking to a KKC lady as we speak who has just gone to clarify the situation - she's on the helpline :shock: There is nothing that I can see about this on the website so where has this information come from?

Stressed bunny emoticon - needed.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I`ve just been on the website and can find nothing to indicate changes either.

Nothing on `the other` website either....
All over

Post by All over »

This sounds very strange. The timetable was published by Kent ages ago and I've just checked on their website and it very definitely says:

"We will post you a letter telling you whether or not your child has been assessed as suitable for grammar school on 17 October 2012. The letter should arrive on 18 October. If you registered online, you will also be sent an email after 4pm on 17 October 2012."

I am expecting an email on 17th and a letter posted that day, neither of which will show the scores, and scores to be available from school as soon as you know whether it is a pass or not. After all, the schools already have the scores so why should there be any further delay?

How can they unilaterally change any of this when SCAFs have to be in by 31 October? Doesn't seem right that they can reduce the number of days we have to make decisions.

Also came across this useful document on Kent website which has 17 October as letters sent out day and says if you sat the Kent test and are unable to speak to DC's head after results but before SCAF due in on 31 October, you can have until 5 November.

https://shareweb.kent.gov.uk/Documents/ ... %20(2).pdf

Now "All over" the place!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now