Travel to and from school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

raymae

Re: Travel to and from school

Post by raymae »

Just spotted all the comments ... Some great info .. Thanks everyone :)
raymae

Post by raymae »

Oooh, Just been doing some postcode distance's on google maps .. And unless im extremely lucky on getting TWGSB (which is coming up at 1 hr 14 mins with 2 buses) My poor lad is looking at nearly 2hrs and a mixture of bus, train and walking for any of the other Grammars. Think im gonna be having a big fight on my hands come march :cry:
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

One problem I found with google maps was it sometimes misses off 'one off' buses. A bus which only runs twice a day - to and from school. I found some of these school buses under 'how to get here' on the school website. Hope you find a better route this way!
bertalone

Post by bertalone »

There is the 402x that goes through Riverhead and then down the a21 at around 7:45 which serves all the Tunbridge Wells schools (TWGSB, Skinners, Bennett) or the 315 which goes through Riverhead around the same time but only goes as far as TWGSB. Both these are just school buses so only run there and back and might not appear on Google. I'm not sure which end of Sevenoaks you are at but they are both covered by the freedom pass, pretty reliable and unfortunately rather packed!