Samlet

Re: Do they ever get it wrong?

Post by Samlet »

509 this year :D
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

509 this year
She's right! Ignore me - need my 2nd cup of coffee!
penguin

Post by penguin »

monstermum wrote:
. I notice you said Kent was a bit far away. Did you consider the Medway tests at all? They do not test for maths at all and there is a much stronger focus on literacy (English)? and I think you can still register as a late applicant.
This is not quite true but almost :D Medway test maths, writing and verbal reasoning. The maths and writing scores are doubled and added to the verbal scores. There is no minimum mark required for each individual paper 'just' an overall score. This year 505.

HTH
Of course, thank you monstermum, how silly of me !! I did mean NVR even though it doesn't sound like it at all.
I always thought if I'm in a position to share and advise on the forum, then I'd love to.
I'm embarrassed to have given the wrong advice!! :oops: :oops:

I felt that the Medway test seems to assess basic academic ability (with Maths and English and gives that double weighting) along with verbal reasoning (which has single weighting)
When comparing the two tests, Kent and Medway, my daughter said it was like the Medway one isn't trying to catch you out
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

Hi erewego, a big well done to your son and please give him a big hug. It is a fact that scoring close to the pass mark or going through a HT appeal does not determine a child's performance in GS. Every child will start with a clean slate in YR7. I always say to my friends that a child's mood or temperament can be an important factor on the exam day. Bottom line your child has been successful and that I worth celebrating. I wish him every success and happiness in his GS education.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now