Kent score for Scotland

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2d12go

Re: Kent score for Scotland

Post by 2d12go »

Just to add into the mix - looking ahead Univerisites in Scotland are free (nobody appears to be suggesting changes) - but you have to have been resident for i think 3 years. Just a thought about the future.

Best wishes and hope you enjoy your trip down with the "soft southerners"
GlasgowDad

Post by GlasgowDad »

mystery wrote:Everyone will be on the look-out for the lone Glaswegian. Hope you like the school! The thing about being in England sounds right. You could just move over the border before the SCAF deadline! Always check out your admissions information with KCC and get an e-mail from someone senior there if you can.

Enjoy!
A lone Indian Glaswegian, sorry you will miss the accent :) . Thx.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Do check you like Tonbridge as well though .... not quite as "happening" as Glasgow!
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

2d12go wrote:Just to add into the mix - looking ahead Univerisites in Scotland are free (nobody appears to be suggesting changes) - but you have to have been resident for i think 3 years. Just a thought about the future.

Best wishes and hope you enjoy your trip down with the "soft southerners"
I would agree - I wouldn't give up a claim to free uni tuition at St Andrews/Edinburgh/Glasgow Universities for a GS in England.

GlasgowDad - you will find you are not alone - there are lots of Scottish parents down here, but generally speaking they tend to live closer to the schools they are applying to.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for inclusivity, just struggling to understand why you might be applying to a Kent GS from Glasgow ?
doodles

Post by doodles »

I am all for getting the best education for your children, but I too am struggling to understand why somebody would want to leave Scotland (which admittedly I know little of) to come to this pressure pot in the South East.

Good luck on your tour today.
Looking for help

It's a bit like here, doodles. Some good schools, some bad, some good indies. I guess it depends where you live (surprise, surprise :lol: )

One great benefit - no 11+ for anybody :D Although there are entrance exams for the indies.

It's different, obviously if the family is relocating for work purposes.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Funny isn't it, when this area gets too much for me - I hate the pressure and some of the attitudes in this area - I threaten to head for Scotland and the Hebrides in particular. I imagine it to be calmer and with less people all jostling for the same thing.
Looking for help

Oh my particular favourite is Skye, but I expect the weather isn't so good :D

Mind you Glasgow's not so different from any major city in the UK in terms of relentlessness. (although I love it and am homesick and am going home this weekend for a few days , yay :lol:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Have a lovely time LFH.
Looking for help

Thank you :D