Bennett Memorial grammar stream

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Villagedad

Bennett Memorial grammar stream

Post by Villagedad »

Does this exist and can anyone supply further details?

Please feel free to PM me

Many thanks :)
tigger2

Re: Bennett Memorial grammar stream

Post by tigger2 »

Bennett have their Accelerate stream (may be spelt differently) and my understanding is that children can be put into this stream/set (whatever :roll: !) from some point in late Year 7 or early year 8 . DC's are Cats tested in the Autumn term anyway, I really don't know the fine details but all the feedback that I have had is positive about all their ability sets.....apart from parents who feel that their dc's should be in the top sets for everything :lol: Have you and your ds looked around the school -did you pick up any of their blurb on the way round?
doodles

Post by doodles »

tigger2 wrote:apart from parents who feel that their dc's should be in the top sets for everything :lol:
Doesn't that happen at every school :lol: :lol:

Sorry didn't mean to sound flippant but it made me laugh because I know so many people like that!
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Absolutely right Doodles !! :lol:
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

The joy of the grammar system - sorry I know Bennet isn't, but such a great school if you qualify, - is that once there you soon realise that top table primary school does not equal top of class. Unless of course yours is one of the uber bright! Mine are not - but perfectly happy!Although I must admit they may not be perfect either.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now