Moving from T. Wells to Maidstone .... what happens??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
penguin

Re: Moving from T. Wells to Maidstone .... what happens??

Post by penguin »

When I was worrying about admissions to Invicta or MGGS when I was moving to Maidstone, I was given lots of relevant advice by forum members. You can do a search for the answers to my desperate posts. Basically, to reassure you, girls from Ashford and Chatham are in year 8 now. Invicta do go on distance after a pass. In 2013 the year 7 PAN increases to 192. My DD goes to one of the schools in the middle I think as described by Sherry_d and only one other of her friends that passed want to go there. The others are wanting MGGS.
monstermum

Re: Moving from T. Wells to Maidstone .... what happens??

Post by monstermum »

When speaking to the admissions lady at Invicta I was reassured that, even though my daughter didn't pass the Kent test, if I could prove she was a level 5 and had 'leadership skills' she would get in on appeal. She told that on first allocation, a number of girls who don't get places in West Kent, are given Invicta but very few accept them leaving spaces. We've decided to send our DD to Rochester Grammar but hopefully useful information for you. I would speak to her yourself she was very helpful.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now