Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:34 am 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 7494,d.d2k

Which gets your vote?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:09 pm 

Does anyone know which two Grammar schools are supposedly supporting the annexe? Even if the Grammar goes ahead it still won't ease the pressures on the SS's in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells as many will still opt for these well established schools.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:27 am 

Grammar followed by grammar, then grammar then grammar. There is the demand now and preceding years and a quick look at the figures shows that is WILL get worse, so its grammar all the way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:04 pm 

jellybeans wrote:
Does anyone know which two Grammar schools are supposedly supporting the annexe? Even if the Grammar goes ahead it still won't ease the pressures on the SS's in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells as many will still opt for these well established schools.

Dartford for girls is doing the girls.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:27 pm 

Gosh - how do you know that?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:35 pm 

mystery wrote:
Gosh - how do you know that?

Cannot say but its from the "horses" mouth. Judd were too stuck-upish to help and Toggs said they have opened up spaces already. Twiggs very much a village school. Skinners refused.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:43 pm 

I don't know whether more non-selective places were needed in Sevenoaks District - I thought the commissioning plan projected a shortfall over the next few years and that's why the council made the resolution it did last Easter re both non-selective places and grammar places in the area .... but maybe I read it incorrectly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:30 pm 

Sorry I meant to put that on the other thread where you said that grammar was needed more than non-selective in Sevenoaks town.

Why weren't Weald of Kent (girls) and Tunbridge Wells Grammar for Boys interested? Are they interested now that someone else has said they would do it?

It's hard to see how Judd or Skinners or TOGS could have had an annex with a different admissions policy from the main site. And what about Maidstone Grammars - they're closer than Dartford aren't they?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:03 pm 

I don't have details on Weald. TEC believed they were too large already. Dart ford approached KCC and its a done deal.

Sevenoaks needs two schools. Knowledge and a grammar. The church school is needed but for me I'd put it in hildenborough or somewhere. Not in Sevenoaks.

It will be an interesting debate. It's clear grammar will get the wilderness site as its already controlled by KCC and gore can't take it. I'm not sure the Riverhead office complex is fair on the kids but I am sure they will make a go of it.

JS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:37 pm 

TEC? You mean TWGSB?